Maintenance Supervisors - Aboriginal Corporation (2 positions) - [Archived Advertisement]
Urapuntja Aboriginal Corporation (View other jobs from this organisation)
Maintenance Supervisors - Aboriginal Corporation (2 positions)
About the Opportunity
Urapuntja Aboriginal Corporation is seeking a qualified and experienced plumber and carpenter (2 positions) to join our dedicated teams delivering homelands maintenance services, essential municipal services and social services programs to our homeland communities. Partners/families are encouraged to relocate and job opportunities are available.
- Undertake plumbing/drainage, carpentry and minor building upgrade and repair works associated with the maintenance and operation of Urapuntja Aboriginal Corporation assets
- Organise and coordinate assigned tasks including the management of minor works and allocation of resources
- Provide accurate technical advice relating to plumbing/carpentry to both internal and external stakeholders
- Undertake water and sewerage testing and building inspections as required by the Corporation
- Ensure all work tasks are recorded in line with Corporation procedures to meet regulatory requirements
- Ensure all work complies with building codes, installation requirements and relevant legislation
- Ensure all plant defects are recorded promptly and in line with Corporation procedures
- Supervise and provide appropriate on the job training to depot staff
- Participate as a member of the Corporation’s multi-skilled workforce and undertake other duties as required by operational activities or as directed
Urapuntja Aboriginal Corporation is the administrative body responsible for service delivery to the Anmatyerre and Alyawarra speaking people who live on the Angarapa and Alyawarra Land Trusts. There are sixteen outstations within the community covering some 3,230 square kilometres, located near Arlparra, 250km north east of Alice Springs. Immerse yourself in aboriginal culture and experience our amazing Country while striving to maintain and improve facilities and services to the First Nations people of Utopia Homelands. Arlparra is a dry community (no alcohol permitted) which is strictly enforced.
We have dedicated team members, comprehensive benefits, conditions and pay. Our greatest asset is our Aboriginal Traditional Owners and our Aboriginal staff, who provide guidance and support in every aspect of our service.
The Corporation offers some of the most comprehensive employment benefits in Australia:
- Base Salary $105,000 plus superannuation
- yearly salary increases
- comprehensive salary packaging which may include everyday living; meals and entertainment; mortgage and loans; electronic devices; novated leasing and superannuation
- 6 weeks annual leave per annum
- Additional remote area leave per annum
- annual airfares for employee and partner
- paid relocation assistance
Free Accommodation in Arlparra
- Comfortable fully furnished house situated in the township of Arlparra
- Free mobile broadband and landline phone service
- Free utilities including power and water
- Fenced yard (pets permitted)
Personal attributes and values
- Friendly and responsive customer service
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Capable of dealing with isolation and remoteness
To be considered for the Plumber role with the Corporation you must hold a plumbing and drainers licence within the NT, or if held in another Australian State or Territory be eligible to apply for NT registration.
To be considered for the Carpenter/Builder role with the Corporation you must hold a minimum Certificate III in Carpentry or equivalent building experience.
Both positions require the following:
- minimum five (5) plus years relevant work experience
- experience managing minor works projects
- current open C class drivers' licence
- current Construction Safety Induction Card (White Card)
- Current NT Ochre card (Working with Children Check) or ability to acquire same
- Excellent organisational skills with ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- High levels of enthusiasm, energy and resourcefulness
- High degree of accountability and attention to detail
- Excellent health and fitness that matches the practical requirements of the role
- Able to demonstrate a sound understanding of the challenges of working and living in a remote area, where flexibility and regular travel is required
- Understanding of and experience with Aboriginal community controlled organisations, delivery of municipal services and/or local government well regarded
- Previous experience working in remote or regional settings well regarded
- current Bobcat Operator ticket or other relevant machinery tickets well regarded
- Current vaccinations as clinically recommended
National Police Clearance (within 3 months), approved COVID-19 vaccination, NT Ochre Card (working with children) check and Open driver's licence is mandatory for this role
Our Footprint and Facilities:
The Corporation’s base of operations and accommodation is located in Arlparra 250 kilometres NE of Alice Springs along the Sandover Highway and delivers services and maintenance to 16 communities spread across >3,000 sq/km. It has an office complex, maintenance depot, Stronger Communities for Children program centre, Art centre and accommodation facilities within the community, with an expanded footprint in the planning stages.
How to Apply?
Applications welcomed immediately but to be received no later than close of business Monday 4 December 2023 with a view to commencing in early January 2023 (if not available before).
Your application must include the following:
- a covering letter highlighting your related experience working in a similar role and your interest in this particular role
- a comprehensive resume detailing your previous experience and qualifications
Advertisement will close early if suitable candidates identified. Please submit your current resumes including covering letter via this Seek portal.
All applications will be treated confidentially and only those with the rights to work full time in Australia will be considered.
Urapuntja Aboriginal Corporation is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage people from diverse backgrounds to apply.
We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds to apply.
- NT - Alice Springs
- $105,000 per year, plus superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time