Director, Research, Evaluation and Knowledge Generation - [Archived Advertisement]
National Centre for Action on Child Sexual Abuse (View other jobs from this organisation)
Director, Research, Evaluation and Knowledge Generation
The National Centre for Action on Child Sexual Abuse is an independent organisation established to increase understanding of child sexual abuse, promote effective ways for protecting children, guide best practice responses and reduce the harm child sexual abuse causes.
About the Role
The Director, Research, Evaluation and Knowledge Generation will lead the research, evaluation and knowledge generation agenda for the National Centre, directly managing research personnel and overseeing the delivery of a range of projects. The role will lead and commission key research projects of national significance, build capacity and research capability, create and collate diverse forms of knowledge and drive evaluations of effective programs and responses. It will build the evidence base on the prevention of child sexual abuse and trauma-informed culturally sensitive responses to survivors.
Lead the development and implementation of research, evaluation, and knowledge:
- Coordinate and deliver high-quality, innovative research and knowledge program which is relevant and translatable.
- Lead the creation, collection, and collation of knowledge informed by lived experience, practice, and research to inform action Lead the preparation of knowledge projects and research plans.
- Oversee the qualitative and quantitative analysis of research data and evidence.
- Create evidence and research reports including communication and publication in relevant journals and peer-reviewed articles.
- Lead the preparation of ethics applications and oversee research processes that are open, transparent, and efficient.
- Deliver progress reports and manage project budgets.
- Negotiate external research contracts to ensure high standards and oversee the research grant process.
Deliver thought leadership and resources on child sexual abuse:
- Develop, lead, and promote national child sexual abuse research, knowledge, and evaluation agenda, including to government, business, and community.
- Ensure ongoing stakeholder engagement and collaboration in research and knowledge activities and decision-making processes, including with victims and survivors.
- Lead analysis and advice on emerging research evidence, knowledge and data on the prevalence, impact, prevention and whole-of-life course responses to child sexual abuse.
- Provide expert subject matter advice to the CEO and external stakeholders including policymakers.
- Engage and coordinate with authors or contributors, including commissioning writing, data syntheses, and research support as required.
- Commission resource development.
- Coordinate data collection, management, storage, analysis, and reporting as needed.
Embed a robust evaluation framework:
- Develop, plan, and implement evaluation initiatives.
- Embed tangible measurable outcomes into planning and monitoring activity.
- Work with teams across the Centre to build evaluation capacity, embedding evaluation methods in programs and activities.
- Develop, implement and monitor internal KPIs that measure impact.
Build and maintain research and evaluation capacity, collaboration and partnerships:
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Leverage existing and develop new relationships with universities and research institutions to grow innovative networks of research excellence.
- Foster two-way communications with researchers, practitioners, service providers, and lived experience representatives to enhance outcomes re child sexual abuse prevention and survivor recovery.
- Build networks, collaborations, and partnerships to source evidence from different groups and locations.
- Facilitate research and evaluation partnerships between key stakeholders in thesector.
- Provide advice and support to a range of researchers, evaluators, and analysts to ensure a high-quality and relevant evidence base.
Contribute to National Centre’s Executive and team management:
- Manage the research and knowledge generation team and individual development through induction, work plans, performance appraisal, and feedback cycles, training, and career planning.
- Contribute to governance by providing strategic analysis and advice to the CEO and Board.
- Contribute to strategic planning, organisational development, and management of work plans.
- Provide strategic guidance on research and knowledge generation in collaboration with other teams
- Lead financial management for the research and knowledge generation team.
- Lead monitoring, evaluation, and learning processes within the research team.
This is full-time (or Part Time minimum 4 days/week), 3 year fixed term position, working in a remote capacity. We welcome applications from anywhere in Australia.
We do not accept applications from outside Australia and all applicants must have the right to work.
Remuneration & Benefits
This position attracts a base salary of $160K + laptop and accessories + superannuation + salary packaging + the flexibility of working remotely full time.? The salary for this position is determined based on the employee’s experience and qualifications.??
Please apply directly through Seek by uploading a copy of your most recent resume and a brief cover letter summarising your experience and skill set.
The National Centre is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. We require all applicants to undergo a criminal history check and obtain a Working with Children Check.
Applications from Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted.
- Closing Date:
- 16 Jun 2023
- QLD - Brisbane
- base salary of $160K + laptop and accessories + superannuation + salary packaging
- Work Type:
- Full Time/ Part Time
Health & Medical