Human Resources Director - Fixed Term (12 months) - [Archived Advertisement]
InterContinental Adelaide (View other jobs from this organisation)
Human Resources Director - Fixed Term (12 months)
As the world’s first and most global luxury hotel brand, InterContinental Hotels & Resorts has pioneered international travel since the 1940s, we are passionate about sharing our renowned international know-how and cultural wisdom in truly impressive surroundings. We all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental®? brand and to be part of the brand you will have a thirst for travel, passion for culture and appreciation for diversity. We create inspiring experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world. If you’d like to embrace a world of opportunities, we’d like to welcome you to the world’s most international luxury hotel brand. Let’s Go Further Together.
This position is a 12-month, fixed-term contract, starting in January 2024. Flexible work at IHG Hotels and Resorts helps our Colleagues balance home and family life and this exciting opportunity is now available to cover sabbatical leave.
As our Human Resources Director, you will:
- Support the General Manager and Operational leaders by providing HR services that enable the delivery of business results to meet performance metrics
- Drive organisational capability, systems, and processes within the hotel, to embed a high-performance culture and champion quality, process excellence and continuous improvement.
- Successfully form strategic external alliances and partners to support the Hotel’s position and actively promote the Hotel and Brand through community and professional involvement.
- Oversee day-to-day HR management.
- Work with department managers to develop initiatives to reach service standards and drive continuous improvement in the guest experience.
- Design programs that drive engagement and foster a positive work environment for all employees.
- Ensure the adherence of hiring standards and applicable laws and regulations are adhered to.
- Help create the Human Resources Department budget and control expenses.
- Ensure compliance with relevant employment laws, policies and procedures.
- Research and investigate all workplace issues to discover facts, identify potential risks to the hotel or company, and facilitate resolution through your employee relations programs.
What we need from you:
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ related experience as a Human Resources Manager, preferably within a Hotel or Hospitality environment.
- Degree in Human Resource Management or equivalent.
- Strong understanding and execution of performance management of IR and FWA framework.
- Strong systems and program skills
What you can expect from us:
You’ll be rewarded for your hard work with a range of benefits that supports you throughout your IHG career journey
- Free meal on shift
- Dry Cleaning
- Mobile Phone Allowance
- Paid birthday leave - hip hip hooray!
- Proactive paid wellness and mental health days
- Some of the best colleague discounts across our IHG Hotels for accommodation, food and beverage
- A massive colleague discounts platform for all your favourite brands and retailers - to help your salary go further
- Most importantly, your career journey will be supported through our lifelong development programs, IHG career milestone celebrations, and transfer of leave entitlements as you move and grow with IHG.
At IHG, we’ve made a promise. As one of the world’s leading hotel groups, we’re here to deliver True Hospitality for Good. Making our guests and colleagues feel welcome, cared for, recognised and respected – wherever they are in the world. Want to be part of the journey?
- SA - Adelaide
- Work Type:
HR & Recruitment