Principal Cyber Security Architect
NSW Telco Authority
Ongoing opportunity available
The NSW Telco Authority promotes flexibility and we welcome applications from people seeking part time, job share and other flexible arrangements.
About NSW Telco Authority
NSW Telco Authority is working with government agencies, and other partners to design and build the next generation of critical and non-critical operational communications services for NSW Government agencies, to better enable them to service and protect NSW communities.
This includes the Critical Communications Enhancement Program (CCEP), with an investment of $320 million by NSW Government, across four years to build an enhanced government radio network, a key role in the development of a national Public Safety Mobile Broadband (PSMB) capability, and the Regional Digital Connectivity and NSW Mobile Black Spot program among
Culture is key to the success of the Authority’s fast-moving environment, where partners and stakeholders operate to a ‘one team’ charter, based on the Authority’s values of Service, Transparency, Accountability, Integrity, Respect and Safety.
The NSW Telco Authority operates as a standalone Statutory Authority within the Department of Customer Service.
For more information on NSW Telco Authority https://www.telco.nsw.gov.au/
About the Role:
The NSW Telco Authority is looking for a Security Architect to design and implement technical controls and make recommendations based on Penetration Tests and Vulnerability Assessments.
Your role will involve:
- Provide expert input to the strategic direction of technology investments to assist in the development of the information security architecture and roadmap as well as maximise value for money investment
- Work closely with the policy and compliance team to implement and maintain the organisation’s Information Security Management System (ISMS)
- Responsible for design and architecture of IT technical controls to implement ACSC Essential 8 controls in the NSWTA network. Previous experience with Application Whitelisting, Privilege Access Management, PowerShell, Active Directory, DNS, SSL and Certificate Management is required
- Support security investigations including review of security events from by Security Operations Centre (SOC), Intrusion Detection Systems, Windows Auditing logs, etc.,
- Solid understanding of network, hardware, virtualisation (vSphere, Nutanix), operational software and applications as they relate to security policies, industry trends and business needs
- Provide input and help tune current policies for End Point Protection (EPP) and End Point Detection and Response (EDR) technologies.
- Responsible for design and architecture of Firewalls, Switches and Routers, Proxy Servers, SSL VPN Concentrators, F5 Load balancers, etc.
- Manage stakeholder relationships through effective communication, negotiation and issues management to ensure stakeholders are engaged throughout projects and project deliverables are met
- Provide expert advice and information to stakeholders on emerging information security issues and present recommendations in line with established frameworks, budgets, timeframes, policy objectives and other project priorities
- Define information security solutions and tools to assist the business in meeting their business objectives
- Developing and maintaining an active culture of security awareness within the Organisation
- Previous experience deploying DLP (Data Loss Prevention) systems will be a plus
To be successful, you will demonstrate:
- Relevant certifications in IT, Cyber Security and/or networking
- An ability to work effectively working on simultaneous projects within defined timeframes and in an environment of conflicting and changing priorities
- A finesse at maintaining effective relationships and knowledge of NSW government responsibilities, activities and operations in a changing environment
- Experience preparing and reviewing briefs and submissions, undertaking research and analysis
- Strong stakeholder communication and coordination skills, in forums such as working groups, committee meetings, and stakeholder consultations
- An ability to maintain up-to-date knowledge on ICT, cyber security and cyber risk trends.
The successful applicant must have, or be able to attain and maintain, a baseline security clearance as a condition of employment.
When applying for this role, please include a resume of no more than five pages and a covering letter. In your covering letter please outline the following:
1. The reason why you are applying for this role and
2. Why cyber security is important to you
3. How you maintain up to date knowledge on cyber security trends
Click Here to access the Role Description. For enquires relating to recruitment please contact Lauren Johnson via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Working at DCS
The Department of Customer Service (DCS) is a great place to work! Our values of accountability, trust, service and integrity drive our initiatives and culture. We support innovative programs in areas as broad as digital government, consumer protection and major public works. We are an inclusive organisation that celebrates diversity and flexible work practices and believe our people are our greatest asset.
Our benefits include:
· Our flexible working policy
· Discounted Gym Memberships and Employee Assistance Programs
· Annual Leave Loading, development opportunities, training and much more!
Closing Date: applications close Monday 21st September at 9:59am
Salary: Clerk Grade 11/12, base salary ranging from $128,089 to $148,134.
Telco Authority is committed to increasing representation of Aboriginal people across our workforce including assistance throughout the recruitment process via our recruitment partner, Yarn’n Aboriginal Employment Services. Contact Yarn’n, (02) 9319 4000, for information and assistance.
The Department of Customer Service is committed to creating an inclusive environment and proud to be an EEO employer. We strongly encourage applications from all backgrounds. We are an inclusive workplace who provide reasonable adjustments to make sure we create a safe culture for all our employees. If you require reasonable adjustment in the assessment process please contact HR via CSRecruitment@customerservice.nsw.gov.au