Chief Executive Officer
Space Industry Association of Australia (View other jobs from this organisation)
Chief Executive Officer
About the role
We are looking for a Chief Executive Officer to take the Space Industry Association of Australia (SIAA) and the Australian space industry to the next level. In this newly created role, the Chief Executive Officer will take the operational lead for the SIAA, working closely with the Board to create and execute the organisation’s strategy, deliver value to our members, and drive growth in both the organisation and space sector as a whole.
The Chief Executive Officer will interact closely with leaders across the sector, engaging with senior government, industry, and academic stakeholders on a regular basis. In this leadership role, the Chief Executive Officer should execute the mission of the organisation, whilst upholding its values at all times.
The Chief Executive Office role can be undertaken from any Australian based location, and applicants for either a full time or part time arrangement will be considered.
Initially the role will be engaged as an external service supplier to the Association, with the Chief Executive Office to support the transition to an employee relationship over an agreed period of time.
- A strong understanding of the Australian Space Sector and an existing network of contacts in the sector;
- An energetic, visionary leader with a proven track record in developing successful organisational outcomes;
- Experience in building, leading and empowering a small team, and developing a positive organisational culture;
- Financial and operational management skills, helping deliver financial sustainability for the Association;
- The ability to communicate and engage with a wide range of stakeholders on a regular basis;
- Experience with strategy creation and execution, and the ability to work in close partnership with a Board.
The Chief Executive Officers position will:
- Co-Develop the Strategy for the Space Industry Association of Australia (the Association), in partnership with the Board of the SIAA (the Board)
- Execute the Association’s strategy as approved by the Board
- Manage the Association's activities in accordance with the approved budget, and identify new and diverse revenue streams to ensure the ongoing financial viability and sustainability of the Association
- Report to the Board on all matters of the Association on a regular basis, including on key performance indicators.
- Refer significant matters of the Association to the Board as appropriate
- Identify and manage the risks to the Association;
- Build and develop a positive organisational culture for the Association;
- Manage any staff or contractors of the Association
- Manage the finances of the Association, with the support of the Treasurer and Board
- Provide leadership to the Association in day to day matters, including towards the members of the Association
- Be the key point of contact for all external facing activities of the Association, including media interviews, government engagement, submissions on behalf of the Association, event planning, sponsorship and grant requests and communications.
- Continuously deliver value to members of the Association, and identify new value that can be provided to members
- Receive support from the staff and contractors of the Association on general administration, financial management, event management, and member engagement
- Setup the necessary systems and processes to allow the Association to become an employer, including transitioning the CEO engagement to an internal SIAA employee
- Other duties as identified by the Board.
How to Apply
Closing date for applications is 12:00pm AEST, 20 August 2020.
Confidential applications should include a Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae and be lodged via Seek.
The Space Industry Association of Australia (SIAA) is a nationwide organisation formed to promote the growth of the Australian space sector. By formulating national policies and strategies, SIAA speaks with authority and credibility on behalf of its members on issues connected with the development of the Australian space industry. SIAA takes a leading role in advising government on behalf of the space industry. Through a program of meetings and other communications, SIAA consults with its members to devise policies to support the development of the Australian space industry and is active in promoting commercial, industrial and research opportunities for its members nationally and internationally. You can find out more about us at https://www.spaceindustry.com.au/.
- Closing Date:
- 20 Aug 2020
- Work Type:
- Full Time