Health Careers International Pty Ltd (HCI) is a group of organisations committed to quality healthcare and nursing education. The HCI comprises four main divisions; The Institute of Health and Nursing Australia (IHNA), The Institute of Health and Management, HCI Learning Hub and EduSystems Australia Pty Ltd.
Institute of Health & Management (IHM) specialises in the development and provision of quality postgraduate higher education courses for nurses, drawing on the expertise of experienced nursing academics and clinicians, combined with professional staff with specialist expertise in online teaching and learning.
IHM is now seeking an experienced person to join our team in Perth as Deputy Director of Studies.
The Deputy Director of Studies is a member of the Senior Management Team (SMT) and provides academic leadership and coordinates the development and implementation of courses of study at IHM.
- Oversight and implementation of curriculum development processes and policies;
- Supervision and leadership of Course Coordinators ;
- Identify and report risks relating to teaching, learning and curriculum design;
- Identify potential improvements to online teaching and learning infrastructure, resources and practices;
- Facilitation of communication between academic staff and senior operational managers;
- Initiate and oversee the development, accreditation and implementation of new course curricula;
- PhD in Nursing (Required)
- Experience working in higher education institutions in similar role
- Demonstrated commitment to developing and supporting a culture of scholarship and enquiry;
- Sound knowledge of pedagogical and adult learning principles;
- Extensive experience in a senior academic role;
- Familiarity with online teaching and learning technologies;
- Awareness of ethical and legal requirements in Higher Education;
Submit a Covering letter addressing all essential criteria along with a current C.V.
All recruitment, selection and promotion decisions will be based on the best qualified and experienced candidate who can perform the genuine occupational requirements of this position. IHNA provides equal opportunity in employment to all suitably abled people without discrimination or harassment based on a personal characteristic protected under the Equal Opportunity Act. Indigenous Australians are also encouraged to apply for the position.'
HEAD OFFICE AND ONLINE LEARNING CENTRE
Level 1, 76 - 80 Turnham Avenue, Rosanna
Victoria 3084, Australia CAMPUS
Level 7, 33 Argyle Street, Parramatta
NSW, 2150, Tel: +61 3 9455 4400