General Practitioner – Charters Towers Clinic - [Archived Advertisement]
Townsville Aboriginal and Islander Health Service (TAIHS) (View other jobs from this organisation)
General Practitioner – Charters Towers Clinic
- Seeking full time GP (38 hours per week)
- Generous remuneration and benefits
- Work within a multidisciplinary team
Townsville Aboriginal and Islander Health Service (TAIHS) provides a range of medical and clinical services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people living in Townsville and the surrounding region. Our health services are provided by a dedicated team of Doctors, Indigenous Health Professionals, Nurses, Visiting Specialists and Allied Health Professionals.
TAIHS is currently seeking a full time GP to join our Charters Towers Clinic, to provide medical skill and expertise in the delivery of comprehensive primary health care services, demonstrating leadership in clinical quality and safety and fostering a culture of organisational reflection and continuous quality improvement. The Charters Towers TAIHS Clinic is a bulk-billing clinic, operating Monday to Friday with no after hours or on call requirements.
Charters Towers is one of Queensland’s beautiful inland cities, with its unrivalled architecture and unique history, it is a surprising pleasure and delight to live in. Charters Towers is just an hour and a half west of Townsville, which is a vibrant, dynamic city and the largest regional centre in Northern Australia, allowing easy access to the Strand and Magnetic Island, as well as boutique shopping, fine dining experiences, cultural events and a bustling nightlife.
Qualifications and Experience required
- MBBS, registration with the Medical Board of Australia.
- Eligible to obtain a provider number at the required clinic location (Charters Towers).
- Commitment to the philosophy and practice of Aboriginal Community Control.
- Ability to act as an effective member of a multidisciplinary health team.
- Satisfactory Police Check – no Serious/Criminal/Court Record.
- Vocational Registration (or nearing completion of requirements for vocational registration).
- Previous experience in an ACCHS setting.
Remuneration to be negotiated with the successful applicant, housing support/paid accommodation in Charters Towers may be available to the right candidate.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an Application Package (Applicant Information Summary and Position Description) which can also be found on our TAIHS website by clicking on the applicable advert.
Applications Close: 5pm Wednesday, 5 February 2020
ABORIGINAL & TORRES STRAIT ISLANDER APPLICANTS ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
**Applications lodged without the required documentation will be deemed incomplete**
- Closing Date:
- 05 Feb 2020
- QLD - Charters Towers
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Health & Medical