Corporate General Manager/Chief Operating Officer - [Archived Advertisement]
Orbitz Elevators Pty Ltd (View other jobs from this organisation)
CORPORATE GENERAL MANAGER / CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER
Orbitz Elevators Pty Ltd (‘Orbitz’) specialising in the supply, installation, maintenance, repair and modernisation of elevators, escalators and moving walkways. We are a proudly 100% Australian owned and operated company which supports both international and local businesses, actively engaging in the prosperity of our Australian economy. From inception, Orbitz entered the Australian and offshore market quickly changing people’s perception of elevator service providers.
Orbitz continues to rapidly grow within the industry and we embrace any opportunities presented to our continually growing portfolio.
As a result of the significant expansion to date and next growth phase, Orbitz is currently seeking an experienced Corporate General Manager to oversee the day-to-day operations and major functions of the company. The details of the qualifications and/or experience required for this position are set out below.
The role requires the candidate to be responsible for planning, organising and controlling the major daily functions of the company. The candidate will oversee the company and direct a team of management staff including senior executives to ensure performance of the company and it operations and to ensure achievement of profit and efficiency targets.
- Liaising with management staff to develop policy and targets regarding matters including operational methods, equipment, finance, sales and staff management;
- Reviewing required funding for policy implementation programs along with the company CFO and authorising this funding;
- Consistent daily direction and management of the organisation as a whole including, senior staff through use of policy to maximise profit and efficiency, and ensuring precise targets are met;
- Responding promptly and appropriately to situations as they arise through management of subordinate staff;
- Selecting higher level staff and overseeing their day-to-day management including working with such staff to gather feedback and develop the business. This will include matters in respect of accounting, sales, marketing, human resources management, operations and equipment management given equipment storage and retention of consistent supply is imperative to the business;
- Representing Orbitz at events including conventions, seminars and other official occasions, as well as in negotiations along with the Managing Director, or in place of same, given unavailability due to high volume of responsibility;
- Assisting with preparation of financial reports, budgets and forecasts and presenting these to the relevant bodies including government and regulatory bodies;
- Preparing policy standards and various objectives for Orbitz to implement in its daily operation and within its development plans; and
- Organising, selecting (in instances where the candidate’s opinion and experience determines a candidate of benefit of the company) and overseeing of senior management and company staff.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES
- Excellent management ability and demonstrated experience in direction of staff;
- Strong interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work to schedule and budget to achieve required results;
- Experience in the specific industry is highly desired;
- Sound understanding of finance, sales and operational strategy in a corporate context;
- Demonstrate a strong sense of leadership;
- Ability to maintain excellent relationships with colleagues and third parties;
- Understanding of corporate legal and regulatory requirements;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Minimum 5 years’ management experience although we will consider a lesser length of experience (minimum two years (post qualification) if a formal qualification has been attained at a minimum of bachelor level.
The proposed salary will be $180,100 plus superannuation.
The salary will be commensurate to experience of the particular candidate and the particular projects but will not fall below the proposed salary above.
Only applicants meeting the above criteria will be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please send your resume and availability to email@example.com.
Orbitz will accept applications and expressions of interest for the role for four weeks.
- Closing Date:
- 21 Jun 2019
- VIC - Kew East
- $180,100 plus superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Chief Operating Officer