Program Director - Border Security and Identity Management - [Archived Advertisement]
Defence Science and Technology (DST) (View other jobs from this organisation)
Program Director - Border Security and Identity Management
Executive Level 2
$117,204 - $140,680 (plus super)
Edinburgh, SA or Fairbairn, ACT
The National Security Science and Technology Centre of DST is responsible for the Whole of Government coordination of National Security Science and Technology (S&T). The range of government agencies with a stake in National Security S&T is diverse and includes, but is not limited to:
- Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade;
- Attorney General’s Department;
- Department of Immigration and Border Protection;
- Australian Federal Police;
- Special Forces;
- State Police;
- Fire Services; and
- Other First Responders.
Providers of S&T other than DST include ANSTO, CSIRO, Industry and Academia. Under the broad direction of the Chief Technology Officer National Security, the Program Manager Border Security and Identity Management is responsible for coordinating and facilitating the execution of the Border Security and Identity Management National Security Programs.
Duties and Key Result Areas:
- Working with the relevant Federal and State agencies to understand and articulate priorities for S&T, in partnership with the relevant embedded Science Counsellors.
- Working with International partner agencies to build and maintain collaborations, thereby contributing to international best practice in border security and identity management, and leveraging this best practice for Australia.
- Working with national S&T providers, including DST Group, in order to build capability and capacity to support Australian agencies.
- The overall goal is to synthesise agency priorities and S&T capabilities (both nationally and internationally) to facilitate an overarching program.
Other Role Specific Requirements:
- Demonstrated track record of science/engineering management.
- Highly developed communication skills and ability to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining collaborative partnerships.
- Knowledge of Australia’s National Security S&T context and demonstrated ability to engage with government entities to leverage S&T capabilities and resources.
- Sound leadership skills.
This position requires a moderate amount of domestic travel.
Application Closing Date: Tuesday 20th November 2018.
For further information please review the job information pack, reference DST/03266/18 on www.defence.gov.au/apscareers
- Closing Date:
- 20 Nov 2018
- $117,204 - $140,680 (plus super)
- Work Type:
- Full Time
- APS Classification:
- Executive Level 2