HR Strategy & Policy Manager - [Archived Advertisement]
Defence Housing Australia (View other jobs from this organisation)
HR Strategy & Policy Manager
At Defence Housing Australia (DHA), we provide quality housing and related services to Defence members and families. In doing this, we support the operational, recruitment and retention goals of the Department of Defence.
When you join the People and Capability team you will be part of an energetic, highly motivated and professional team that deliver great HR services and the delivery of strategic projects and initiatives that improve the capability and performance of the organisation.
The People and Capability team works with a broad cross section of stakeholders both within DHA and externally. Your responsibilities will include the further development of these relationships and advocating on HR and people matters and initiatives. As a HR professional you will bring a depth of experience and knowledge on HR matters along with a willingness to grow the team and your own capability, reputation and success.
The work environment is dynamic, with a number of projects and activities being undertaken at the same time.
In this role, you will be responsible for rapid project development and implementation of strategic projects in line with DHA’s Workforce Strategy and managing a range of culture initiatives including implementation of our Diversity and Inclusion Strategy and Senior Leadership engagement programs.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Exceptional writing ability and be able to produce succinct, persuasive and logical business cases to influence change.
- Extensive experience as a HR professional with knowledge of contemporary HRM issues and trends, and experience in the development and implementation of HR initiatives.
- Excellent strategic and analytical skills with a record of achieving results.
- The ability to build and sustain relationships with a network of key people internally and externally.
- The ability to take a project management approach to deliver results.
- The ability to work independently under broad direction while embracing the principles of co-design.
- Excellent stakeholder engagement and management skills including the ability to effectively communicate with a range of stakeholders both verbally and written.
Some of the benefits of working at DHA include:
- Generous employee benefits with a competitive salary packing, including performance bonus
- employer superannuation contribution of up to 15.4%
- flexible work arrangements, including family friendly provisions
- benefits of working for the APS, while in an outcome focused Government Business Enterprise
- a diverse range of interesting projects in high performing and collaborative work environment.
This is a full-time position. DHA’s core business hours are between 8.30am and 5.00pm Monday to Friday. DHA operates under flexible working hours and staff may be required to work outside core business hours at times.
- Lead, develop and manage the delivery of strategic projects and initiatives that improve the capability, performance and culture of the organisation.
- Lead continuous improvement of the section’s work practices, policies, guidelines, templates and operating procedures in accordance with the Australian Public Service and DHA policies and procedures.
- Contribute to broader workplace strategies and team activities of the People and Capability team as a leader.
- Manage priorities, monitor progress and work to deliver required corporate outcomes, functions and programs within the People and Capability team.
- Provide high level of specialist, professional and technical expertise to a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Actively develop and maintain working relationships across the organisation and with employers and other stakeholders that are effective, collaborative and strategic.
- Keep informed of leading edge thinking and practice in relation to HR matters.
- Work collaboratively with the National Manager People and Capability to ensure the overall performance, reputation and achievements of the team.
Specific goals against key result areas are outlined in each individual staff member’s performance development agreement each year.
HOW TO APPLY
Based on the duty statement, in 500 words, please tell us how your skills and experience are relevant to the role and describe the contribution you can make to DHA.
- Closing Date:
- 04 Jul 2019
- ACT - Canberra
- from $100,201- $122,287 per annum, plus superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time
HR & Recruitment
- APS Classification:
- Executive Level 1