Senior Executive Band 2 – Several
The Australian Signals Directorate (ASD) is an Australian Government foreign signals intelligence and cyber security agency.
ASD is seeking dynamic senior executives to drive the organisation forward and deliver against its three principal missions:
- the collection of foreign signals intelligence;
- our cybersecurity mission; and
- our offensive cyber (effects) role
In all cases, our primary imperative is to protect Australians and the integrity of Australian systems, and our digital borders, from serious threats. From the threat of terrorism through to protecting and supporting ADF personnel when they are deployed overseas, ASD plays a key role in Australia’s national security.
To achieve these objectives, ASD requires people with high levels of integrity and a mix of specialist skills, key among which are adaptability, imagination, and resilience. These are needed to out-think and out-imagine our adversaries and solve seemingly intractable technical and operational challenges. If you want to work with other smart, skilled, and highly motivated people, consider ASD.
We are seeking to fill a broad range of positions at the SES Band 2 level including, but not limited to, the following:
- Signals Intelligence and Network Operations – leading ASD’s Intelligence and Enablement Division, you will deliver against the most critical Australian Government strategic intelligence priorities. You will be an exceptional leader for the teams of analysts, production specialists and data scientists in your division, and work across ASD, wider Government and with foreign partners in support of ASD’s missions.
- Corporate & Capability – running ASD’s Enterprise Technology Division, you will lead and develop a highly capable team responsible for secure technology capability and services across ASD, Defence and the intelligence community. Your will bring a deep technology expertise along with outstanding leadership abilities to bring ASD’s transformational technology strategy to life.
- Corporate & Capability – running ASD’s Portfolio Management Division, you will lead and oversee ASD’s entire portfolio of projects and programs and provide a single view for the Executive of progress, risks and resources. You will use your proven track record in change enablement to propel ASD’s bold program of capability expansion and modernisation. You will use your outstanding communications skills to engage with colleagues across the organisation, the intelligence community and international partners.
- Australian Cyber Security Centre (ACSC) (expected vacancy) – leading ASD’s Protect, Assure and Enable Division to deliver the vision to make Australia the safest place to connect online. You will be responsible for the technical and program leadership in the ACSC and establish the ACSC as the peak technical cyber security authority for Australia. You will proactively reduce cyber security risk for internal and external stakeholders through capability, programs, advice and assistance.
As a Division Head (SES Band 2), you will join the Senior Leadership Group and play a key role in leading and influencing a high-performing integrated civilian/military organisation. You will influence the strategic direction of ASD and work with colleagues across the Defence portfolio and Government to achieve results. In these roles you will:
- Lead and manage a Division using inclusive leadership;
- exercise high-level judgement, and capitalise on innovative alternatives to resolve complex problems;
- think laterally, effectively challenge the status quo and provide contestability in decision making; and
- demonstrate resilience and take personal accountability for achieving results.
Successful applicants will exemplify ASD’s values and engender a culture of achievement, collaboration and agility. You will be self-aware, and will encourage and respect the diversity of ideas and perspectives that defines ASD’s workforce.
As part of this selection process, a merit pool will be established and may be used to fill similar positions over the next 12 months.
If after reading the selection documentation you have any questions, please contact Jonathan Beaumont, Director, Beaumont and Beaumont on 02 6126 4500 quoting reference 4355.
For Senior Executive Service administrative recruitment enquiries please contact the Directorate of Senior Officer Management on 02 6265 1742 or DSOM@defence.gov.au.