- Manage AFSA’s Financial Reporting requirements to support AFSA’s strategic goals
- Drive change to implement client centric service delivery
- Lead a high performing team of finance professionals
About the Role
As the Assistant Director Financial Reporting, you will provide expert advice and manage the effective delivery of AFSA’s Administered financial reporting function. You will ensure effective and timely preparation of annual financial statements and coordinate end of month financial accounting processes and reporting, as well as external budgets and estimates memorandum management. You will also manage a range of functions such as special and trust accounts management and reporting and/or taxation reporting (GST, FBT, TPAR) for AFSA. Your ability to build and lead a high performing team committed to client centric service delivery will see you succeed.
To achieve success in this role, you will have:
- demonstrated experience and success in the preparation of financial statements
- tertiary qualifications in Accounting – CA / CPA
- demonstrated experience with government financial reporting
- exceptional stakeholder engagement and communication skills
- people management skills leading a high performing team
You will have the opportunity to be part of a high performing innovative team passionate about delivering a client centric financial reporting function.
AFSA is a CPA Australia Recognised Employer Partner, demonstrating our commitment to ongoing learning and professional development. You will have the opportunity to actively participate in leadership networking and knowledge sharing opportunities through the Australian Public Service Communities of Practice and Programs. You will have access to leading research through our corporate membership with the Corporate Executive Board (CEB, now Gartner).
You will enjoy excellent conditions including generous superannuation (15.4%), a modern work environment, and flexibility to balance work and personal life with priority on-site childcare.
We encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, peoples from culturally diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities.
We value employee commitment and contribution and we provide a working environment that supports staff to reach their full potential.
At AFSA we encourage every employee achieve success and balance their family commitments and personal interests with flexible working options.
Applications close Thursday 28 March, 2019.