- Lead AFSA’s data warehouse team and provide trusted advice on business intelligence
- Drive data analytics capability development at AFSA and within Federal Government
- Work as part of a small, high performing team that makes a big impact across AFSA
Please note: This role is based in Canberra and relocation assistance and support will be provided to the successful applicant(s).
About the Role
The Assistant Director Data Warehouse will lead a high performing team to design, develop and implement business intelligence and data analytics solutions aligned to AFSA’s ICT Strategy 2017-2020 and Data Strategy 2020. You will collaborate with a number of stakeholders and business units to ensure a participative approach to change and release management processes. You will actively contribute to the development of test plans and testing to facilitate system changes. Your ability to lead a high performing team that makes big impact across AFSA will see you succeed.
These are critical roles for AFSA as they:
- provide technical expertise in a business critical function
- support effective and efficient service delivery through enhanced data analysis and evidence-based decision making
To be successful in this role you will have:
- demonstrated experience in leading a team of data warehouse professionals
- demonstrated experience using or implementing data visualisation software (Tableau would be preferable)
- experience using Microsoft SQL Server Business Intelligence product suite
- exceptional communication and analytical skills, with a track record of successfully communicating technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- high level stakeholder liaison and advisory skills
- relevant ICT or data/ business analytics qualifications and professional experience
The successful applicants will be supported to undertake professional and career development with a range of tools available including Australian Computer Society (ACS) membership, access to technical training and certifications, and membership of relevant Government communities of practice or user groups.
Learn more about living and working in Canberra from the dedicated ACT Government page, and discover what Canberra has to offer and why it was named third best city in Lonely Planet’s Best in Travel 2018 list.
AFSA supports a family-friendly work environment with on-site childcare and parenting facilities, and access to a range of facilities and activities to support wellbeing. AFSA actively promotes workplace flexibility, with various working options to support your family commitments and personal interests.
Applications close Wednesday 20 February, 2019