With more than 260 stores and employing over 44,000 people, Kmart is proud to be one of Australia and New Zealand’s largest and most successful retailers.
Serving the needs of Australian and New Zealand families is at the core of who we are as a business, that’s why we are driven to be the place customers rely on for low prices and making every day living brighter.
You’ll be joining a dynamic team with a fantastic culture where diversity is openly celebrated, and you’ll be challenged and supported to achieve personal and business goals. Expect a work environment that is highly collaborative, fast-paced, inclusive and progressive - with no two days the same! Our values – Think Customer, Take Care, Live Integrity, Grow Together and Reach Higher will resonate with you deeply and you’ll enjoy being part of a growing, iconic Australian business that has a fantastic culture that is non-hierarchical, diverse and inclusive.
What are we looking for?
Reporting into the GM of Online and Customer Experience, the role of Head of Online Product Management is a high-profile career opportunity. Responsible for leading 3 (increasing to 6 over the next 12 months) product owners who lead cross functional squads, to maintain and improve our current platform and systems, and develop our new ecommerce platform and supporting systems.
Key attributes we are looking for:
- Exceptional problem-solving skills with an ability to innovate in finding solutions
- Experience leading and supporting product owners to scope and deliver leading digital solutions while helping them build their capabilities.
- Strong knowledge of Product Management and product life cycles
- Strong stakeholder management skills and experience working with a diverse set of stakeholders from development and CX to executives
- Experience of line management in a servant leader context
- Able to simplify the complicated so that it can be easily communicated
- Possess strong prioritisation skills to ensure everyone remains focused on the critical areas
- Experience in working with data and insights to ensure the team is constantly learning and adjusting what they deliver to the customer and company
- Experience in working on complex technical projects that are customer facing
- Possess a strong, demonstrable understanding of customer experience
- Demonstrated experience working in an Agile environment and a desire to help support Kmart’s Agile transformation
- Excellent commercial acumen and thought leadership with the ability to synthesize complex information to develop market relevant products.
- Ideally prior experience working in a retail environment and understand the challenges of ecommerce
Key responsibilities of this role are outlined as follows;
- Lead a team of product owners (currently 3 and building to 6 over the next 12 months)
- Work collaboratively with other online functional areas and IT to identify and scope solutions to key challenges / opportunities
- Maintain the existing website and systems and deliver a new website and supporting systems to Kmart (AU&NZ) customers that delivers value to both Kmart and its customers
- Ensure project teams and stakeholders are aligned through appropriate governance forums and that project deadlines are adhered to
- Ensure that features delivered through the project add value to the customer; are technically sustainable and sustainable for future key caretakers
- Worked in a senior product role in a digital organization for at least 5 years
You will be afforded autonomy and accountability in your role and have access to development opportunities across both Kmart and the Wesfarmers Group, excellent remuneration, inclusion in company bonus scheme & access to Wesfarmers share plan (both for eligible team members), free parking and benefits program including a discount card for Kmart, Target and Officeworks.
At Kmart, we aim to ensure our teams reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate.
Candidates interested in this position should apply directly to this advertisement as we are not accepting applications from recruitment agencies.