Head of Maintenance and Operations - [Archived Advertisement]
The Lucas Group (View other jobs from this organisation)
Head of Maintenance and Operations– GL2948
- Senior management role
- A leader in sustainable energy and horticulture
- Northern Gulf region, SA
This company has a clear vision of growing crops in the most sustainable and restorative manner possible. The company’s first commercial greenhouse runs an impressive operation relying on solar thermal energy, steam generated power and water sourced from an onsite desalination plant to produce high quality crops. The company’s goals of growing high value crops using seawater and sunlight has proven very successful.
Reporting to the General Manager, and as team leader, the Head of Maintenance and Operations will be responsible for managing a team of engineers, in addition to, overseeing the operations and maintenance of all energy and water systems components for the plant and the glasshouse. The maintenance and operations teams will be working with high pressure boiler systems, specialist turbines, control systems, PLC’s, and high voltage electrics.
- Day to day management of both the Operations and Maintenance teams (WH&S)
- Power Island asset maintenance and performance
- Greenhouse and Packing Shed maintenance and performance
- Whole site asset management, statutory compliance and governance
- Cost control and budgeting for Energy and Water Systems
- Development of preventative maintenance systems
- Strong operational experience in processing, power, large marine or industrial facilities
- Team management, WH&S and talent development
- Power generation, boiler operations, water systems and control systems
- Equipment optimisation and delivering cost effective maintenance plans
- Thermal energy systems and electro-mechanical process plant and water infrastructure
- Understanding of pack house and packing line operations, repairs and maintenance
Tertiary qualified in an engineering discipline with business acumen and commercial skills or relevant experience at a senior level.
An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated to reflect skills and experience.
How To Apply
For a confidential discussion, please contact Geoff Lucas on +61 8 8201 9999 quoting reference number GL2948, or apply online with a resume and cover letter via the ‘Apply’ button.
- SA - Port Augusta
- Salary negotiable based on skills and experience
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Manufacturing & Operations