We are seeking Sessional up to Full-Time Consultant Psychiatrist to work with a dynamic team to deliver forensic psychiatric services in a prestigious state wide service with a high profile in psychiatry. The Psychiatrist will be primarily involved in providing specialist clinical services and will have an opportunity to undertake research and academic development. VMOs will be considered.
The Victorian Institute of Forensic Mental Health (Forensicare) is a dedicated statutory agency responsible for the provision of adult forensic mental health services across Victoria. Forensicare, located in Fairfield an inner Melbourne suburb, is a state-wide specialist mental health service that provides quality clinical services. It has developed a strong national and international reputation for research, teaching and service excellence.
Due to additional funding allocations, exciting and rare opportunities exist within the Community Forensic Mental Health Service in the areas of the Victorian Fixated Threat Assessment Centre, Mental Health Assessment and Referral (Court Liaison) Service and the Problem Behaviour Program.
Applicants should have:
• Fellowship of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists or equivalent.
• Experience in forensic psychiatry is highly desirable but not essential.
Enquiries to: Dr Anthony Cidoni, Director of Clinical Services, Community Operations
We value our staff and provide a range of employee benefits including:
- Great salary packaging conditions
- Excellent leave entitlements
- Post graduate scholarship programs
- Ongoing training and full orientation
- Comprehensive Health and Wellbeing Programs including: staff gym, staff health service, Critical Incident Stress Management and Employee Assistance Programs.
Forensicare values a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
This position is subject to a satisfactory Police Check.
Forensicare promotes the following values: responsiveness, integrity, impartiality, accountability, respect and leadership; and promotes behaviours that are consistent with these values at all times. Forensicare is an equal opportunity employer and offers a smoke free environment.