Temporary Part TimePosition Classification:
170655 - 210592Hours Per Week:
Hunter New England Local Health District (HNELHD) is seeking applications for a Staff Specialist Paediatrician to be part of one of three new Specialist Intellectual Disability Health Teams across New South Wales. This position is based at Wallsend Campus and will cover Hunter New England Local Health District and Central Coast Local Health District (CCLHD).
As a senior member of the Specialist Intellectual Disability Health Team, the successful applicant will provide contemporary consultative services for children and young people with an intellectual disability across HNELHD and CCLHD in order to achieve optimal patient outcomes. The successful applicant will provide and support training to clinicians in HNELHD and CCLHD across multiple disciplines to achieve quality education and safe clinical practice, and improve the quality of care provided to children and young people with an intellectual disability.
Applicants must be eligible for registration with the Medical Board of Australia as a Specialist in General Paediatric, and/or overseas trained specialist pathways.
- Eligible for registration with the Medical Board of Australia as a Specialist General Paediatrician and/or overseas trained specialist pathways
- Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians and/or specialist recognition as provided for in the Staff Specialist (state) Award
- Demonstrated recent clinical experience in Paediatrics and Intellectual Disability
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team and provide leadership of a team
- Demonstrated effective clinical communication through the use of information technology and written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated commitment to teaching, continuing education, research and quality improvement
Need more information?
1) Click here for the Position Description
2) Find out more about applying for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Clare Daley on Clare.Daley@health.nsw.gov.au
Applications Close: 9 February 2020