Department of Justice
Corrective Services NSW
Director Community Corrections (High Risk Terrorist Offenders)
- Executive Band 1 role with an attractive remuneration package
- Great leadership role within Community Corrections Operations
- South West Sydney
Corrective Services NSW (CSNSW) delivers professional correctional services and programs to reduce the risk of re-offending and enhance public safety. It ensures offenders who are required to be held in custody are removed from the general community and placed in a safe, secure and humane environment.
About the Role:
Lead and direct Community Corrections operations within an identified District of Community Corrections, to support the delivery of an integrated and high performance framework to facilitate reduction in re-offending and enhanced community safety.
What are we looking for?
This role will give you the opportunity to showcase your exceptional leadership, communication and negotiation skills. You will have an ethical, problem-solving orientation, able to build collaborative relationships in a complex and sensitive environment. You will be flexible with a capability of providing strategic advice and manage operational issues. You will have the ability to act as a point of contact from a national and international perspective on issues.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the criminal justice system and contemporary best practice in offender management and correctional issues within community and correctional settings.
- Strong demonstrated leadership skill in implementing operational initiatives
- Demonstrated collaborative relationship capabilities
- Demonstrated capabilities in operationalising strategies in a complex and highly sensitive operating environment
- Current NSW driver’s licence and preparedness to drive a vehicle in the course of performing the role.
To apply for this role please submit an application online via www.iworkfor.nsw.gov.au and attach an up to date resume along with a cover letter outlining how you meet the requirements and capabilities of this role.
Please note that if you have issues with your application, the I Work for NSW team is unavailable for support until 8 January 2018. If you cannot submit your application during this period, please email the requested documentation (ie resume and cover letter) to the contact below. Please also indicate in your email, what is your current residency status in Australia and if you have received a voluntary redundancy from a NSW Government Department within the past twelve months.
Click here to download the role description.
Enquiries: Please contact Rosemary Caruana, Assistant Commissioner Community Corrections on 02 8346 1043 or email@example.com
Closing date: Friday 19th of January 2018 at 11:59pm
A talent pool may be created for future ongoing and temporary vacancies and is valid for a period of up to 12 months.