Director of Paramedicine - [Archived Advertisement]
University of Tasmania (View other jobs from this organisation)
Director of Paramedicine
- Full time, ongoing position
- Based in Hobart or Sydney
- Seeking a people-centred leader ready to join an established team
The College of Health and Medicine (CoHM) brings together the School of Medicine, School of Nursing, School of Health Sciences, School of Psychological Science, School of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, Wicking Centre and Menzies Institute.
The Tasmanian School of Medicine encompasses the programs of medicine, paramedicine, medical science, and health innovation, covering a range of teaching and research in diverse areas to enable the University to boost health and medical research performance, deliver evidence-based learning and practice, and transform health outcomes for the Tasmanian community.
The Director of Paramedicine is a key leadership position within the Tasmanian School of Medicine. As a member of the school’s senior leadership team, the successful candidate will have a deep understanding of Paramedicine and have the capacity to advance the discipline in higher education through strong and transformative partnerships.
This highly influential role will fulfill strategic and operational responsibilities, taking the lead in fostering staff and building a positive culture to deliver the University’s key values and behaviours within the discipline.
- Provide leadership in the field of Paramedicine and assist the College and University in achieving its strategic objectives and fulfilling its operational responsibilities.
- Build and lead a culture aligned with the University’s values and behaviours.
- Take shared and collective accountability and responsibility for the delivery of the discipline, and broader college.
- Lead professional external accreditation with alignment to the College curriculum reform strategy.
- Monitor student success and assure learning and teaching quality and performance.
- Provide academic leadership, fostering staff careers.
- Develop and sustain partnerships with NSW Ambulance and Ambulance Tasmania.
To be successful in the role, your application will need to demonstrate;
- Tertiary qualifications, ideally involving a doctorate or significant progress towards a doctorate, to lead the discipline of Paramedicine in higher education and significant experience in Paramedic practice.
- Capacity to lead and manage staff.
- Capacity to lead and develop high-quality, accredited, and strategically aligned curricula.
- Ability to foster, build and sustain industry partnerships.
- Significant clinical experience in Paramedicine with a record of engagement with the Paramedicine profession.
- Understanding of performance measures.
Appointment to this role will be at Academic Level D and will have a total remuneration package of up to $184,454 comprising base salary within the range of $145,389 to $157,653 plus 17% superannuation.
How to Apply
- Please apply via this link: https://careers.utas.edu.au/en/job/496090/director-of-paramedicine
- To apply online, please provide your resume, cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role, and your responses to the position/selection criteria.
- For further information about this position, please contact Distinguished Professor James Vickers, Head of School of Medicine, James.Vickers@utas.edu.au or 03 6226 4808.
- Please visit https://www.utas.edu.au/jobs/applying for our guide to applying and details on the recruitment process.
Applications close Monday, 2 August 2021, 11.55pm
- Closing Date:
- 02 Aug 2021
- $145,389 to $157,653 plus 17% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Health & Medical