Senior Project Manager - [Archived Advertisement]
Icon Water (View other jobs from this organisation)
- Commencing from $152,019 plus 15% superannuation
- Opportunity until January 2024
- Lead Icon Water’s project teams and assist in the shaping of ICT operations
- Multiple opportunities available to work for a business that supports the local community
Icon Water is looking for two collaborative and adaptive Senior Project Managers to join their Digital Technology team. You will demonstrate your strong interpersonal skills by leading Icon Water’s projects team from project initiation through to project close. This is a fast-paced and highly rewarding role, in which you will utilise your extensive ICT project management skills and experience to create and manage the delivery and achievement of outcomes of the organisations’ ICT projects.
The successful candidates will bring strong leadership and communication skills, backed by their ability to ability to work both independently and collaboratively to ensure projects meet their objectives and within specified timeframes.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, which values diversity and inclusion. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with disabilities, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, and of all ages. We also have a strong focus on gender balance within the organisation and encourage women to apply.
As the Senior Project Manager, you will:
- Oversee Icon Water’s projects teams from ICT project initiation through to project completion
- Manage the day-to-day requirements of Icon Water’s projects on behalf of the Project Steering Committee
- Create and maintain project documentation, from task/resourcing schedules to tracking of financials, in order to monitor the project against plans and to ensure its effective and timely completion
- Identify, document, and manage project attributes in order to justify, plan, resource, and complete projects within in the project governance and stakeholder environment
- Develop communications and change management plans as required in order to oversee the subsequent actions required to ensure projects are implemented successfully
- Create and present reports on the organisations’ projects as required to a broad range of audiences
- Ensure all projects are aligned with Icon Waters’ standards and guidelines, ensuring the projects delivered are of high quality
- Assist in the improvement of Icon Water project processes
You will need:
- Tertiary qualifications in ICT, Project Management, or equivalent
- Industry recognised project management methodology certification, such as PRINCE2 and/or Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Demonstrated experience in managing large complex projects involving ICT systems replacement
- Demonstrated experience in business re-engineering and process design
- Experience in leading teams in dynamic environments facing competing priorities
- Strong communication skills in order to liaise with a range of stakeholders to develop and maintain professional relationships and achieve positive outcomes
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment, with resilience and strong problem-solving skills to handle issues as they arise
- Knowledge of risk and quality management in an ICT project context
If you feel as though this is the role for you, and you possess the skills above, then we want to hear from you! Please submit your latest copy of your resume, along with a cover letter outlining your experience and competencies. We encourage candidates to refer to the ‘you will need’ section of the advertisement when applying.
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity, please contact Nick Miller, Delivery Manager on (02) 6180 6987. If you need assistance with the recruitment process, please email email@example.com.
Applications will close on Sunday 19 September 2021
- Closing Date:
- 19 Sep 2021
- ACT - Mitchell
- Work Type:
- Full Time
IT & ICT