Global Human Resources provider as permanent IT Project Portfolio Manager for their Sydney CBD office.
As a IT Project Portfolio Manager you will responsible for the oversight and administration of the project portfolio. This includes working with management and staff, as well as other departments to assess, document, and budget potential projects.
On a daily basis your role will involve:
- Manage the project portfolio covering a wide range of initiatives from intake to delivery for the Information Technology Division
- Work with the leadership team, department directors and project business sponsors to provide a comprehensive overview of capital and operational projects
- Work collaboratively with the stakeholders on project requests, processes and procedures through project completion including projects specifically managed by PMO/PMs.
- Perform project scheduling, resource planning, leveling and management (forecast impacts on staffing where project scope may have changed) - as well as effective use of metrics, and reporting.
- Manage all aspects of change control and risk oversight.
- Track and report project statuses on a timely basis to IT leadership, stakeholders and sponsors.
- Work with all levels of firm leadership, functional and operational staff to ensure project initiatives are managed and maintained; develop executive level presentations of the portfolio and project budget.
- Manage the annual capital budget process through inception to final approval by senior leadership.
- Recalibrate the portfolio as necessary when the demands of the business dictate a change in delivery
To succeed in this role you will have:
- Extensive experience in large scale implementations with an emphasis on enterprise information systems across multiple functions.
- Experience in portfolio, program and/or project management with a successful project management track record in full life cycle information technology implementation projects, with proven record of execution to time and budget.
- PMP or equivalent certification.
- Thorough knowledge and related work experience of the project management process, theory and lifecycle, including Waterfall and Agile methodology, as well as Project Delivery Framework and SDLC.
- Detail-oriented with proven ability to adapt to a dynamic environment and oversee multiple projects, manage schedules, resource allocation/planning and maximize work efforts across all teams.
- Skilled at creating and delivering executive level presentations.
- Ability to improve current processes and procedures; present opportunities for change and help implement them for the benefit of the firm.
- Possess a thorough understanding of information technology and its application to business issues; understands the use of information technology in a strategic context as a means to an end;
- Conversant with current technologies and trends relevant to the firm.
Public transport consisting of buses & trains is right outside the front door.
An excellent package is on offer for the successful candidate consisting of Base, Superannuation & Training.
Please call Patrick Egan @ Randstad Technologies on 0407 261 441 or just hit the apply button below.
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background.