- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
UNSW Law is Australia’s leader in progressive and rigorous legal education and research. Ranked 16th in the world among all law schools, UNSW Law is committed to the development of contemporary professional skills and inspired by principles of justice. UNSW Law through its teaching, research and community outreach promotes a holistic understanding of law and its role in society. The Faculty’s strong sense of social responsibility embodies a commitment to promoting equity, diversity, and social justice while actively engaging in law reform and policy development domestically, regionally, and globally. Our teaching is student-centered, experiential, research-based and outward-looking. Our graduates have flexible skills, critical perspectives and broad horizons.
UNSW Law is committed to workforce diversity and strongly encourages Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander legal scholars to apply.
About the role
- $103K-$121K plus (17% superannuation and leave loading)
UNSW Law is seeking to appoint two scholars at Lecturer level with expertise in the fields of:
- Private law;
- Corporate and Commercial law;
- Dispute resolution;
- Industrial law;
- Conflicts of laws.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A PhD in a relevant field or equivalent postgraduate qualification with expertise in private law, corporate and commercial law, dispute resolution, industrial law or conflicts of law
- Successful research publications record and clear research plans
- Demonstrated experience and ability to teach effectively at tertiary level, including an ability and interest in developing and implementing innovative teaching methods
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills and the capacity to work collaboratively and contribute to the School’s service and engagement activities
Please apply online and include your CV and a statement (in pdf format) outlining:
- your field of law;
- your response to each selection criterion listed in the position description;
- copies of or links to up to three recent publications; and
- details of three referees
Applications will not be accepted if sent directly to the contact listed.
Professor Andrew Lynch, Head of School, UNSW Law
T: (+61 2) 9385 9654
Applications close: 20 May 2018