- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The Mark Wainwright Analytical Centre (MWAC) comprises 11 core research-support facilities housing high-end research instrumentation supporting STEM research. The Centre includes facilities for the study of the structure and composition of biological, chemical and physical materials and also includes sample preparation laboratories, smaller instruments and computing facilities. In addition MWAC provides training and technical support for the instruments and appropriate expertise for diverse research applications. Approximately 80 MWAC staff manage and maintain a diverse portfolio of research support instrumentation valued at about $100M with an annual budget commensurate with these operations.
About the role
- $119,207- $126,491 plus 17% superannuation and leave loading
- 5 Year Fixed Term Contract
The Operations Manager of the Mark Wainwright Analytical Centre (MWAC) will be responsible for the high-level management of the Centre operations, providing strategic, budgetary, administrative and operational management direction for this suite of core research support facilities.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- hold a relevant postgraduate qualification with high-level experience in business management and leadership and have a demonstrated ability to supervise, lead and motivate staff working in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- have an excellent track record in operations management, with demonstrated high-level experience in financial management, business development and revenue generation and strong experience in strategic and operational planning
- possess a strong work ethic and initiative, exceptional interpersonal, communication, negotiation and problem solving skills, ability to develop and sustain strategic relationships and to work collaboratively and effectively with staff and stakeholders at all levels.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Carl Power, Acting Director, Mark Wainwright Analytical Centre
T: (61 2) 9385 8655
Applications close: April 2, 2018
Find out more about working at UNSW at http://www.analytical.unsw.edu.au/
UNSW is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversityAPPLICATION PROCEDURE
Click on the 'APPLY' button below