Chief Digital Officer - [Archived Advertisement]
Chief Digital Officer
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
CSIRO is committed to values-based leadership to inspire performance and unlock the potential of our people.
- Drive the digital strategy and leverage CSIRO’s innovation capability
- Facilitate the strengthening of CSIRO being an insight-driven organisation that leverages the power of data
- Join Australia’s innovation catalyst! Create impact that benefits the lives of all Australians
CSIRO is Australia’s National Science Agency and is one of the world’s largest and most successful publicly funded research and development organisations. We deliver world-class science and outcome-focused research that generates economic, environmental, and social benefits for Australia in a global context. We have improved the lives of many around the world through our research and developments including WiFi, the Hendra virus vaccine, polymer banknotes, extended wear contact lenses, Aerogard and the Total Wellbeing Diet.
The Digital, National Facilities and Collections (DNFC) sector in CSIRO includes key research capability and infrastructure across Data61, Information Management and Technology, Astronomy and Space Science, and National Facilities and Collections. DNFC has almost 900 staff across 26 sites in 8 states and territories across Australia.
DNFC is leading CSIRO’s Digital Transformation and responsible for developing CSIRO’s Digital Strategy. Science Digital Transformation aims to empower CSIRO researchers through leading edge digital technologies, skills and ways of working, to create a better future for Australia.
Working closely with the Executive Director DNFC, the Chief Digital Officer (CDO) will be responsible for CSIRO’s digital strategy. They will lead a small, talented team, foster relationships and engage broadly across the organisation, in collaboration with the Chief Information Officer (CIO) and Change Program Directors. The CDO will be a visionary leader, managing a team and portfolio of projects within the research and development (R&D) domain. As a key member of CSIRO’s Leadership team, you will bring superior collaboration and communication skills to the role as you balance delivering business unit objectives with enterprise-wide outcomes.
Your duties will include:
- Managing and coordinating the delivery of digital assets for the digital strategy. This includes engaging in key elements of the change plans and coordinating the digital delivery requirements across all programs.
- Providing expert advice to the organisation regarding the delivery of change programs and providing supervision and technical leadership of digital experts in the program offices when required. This also includes working closely with Directors of Programs aligned to the CSIRO Agency of the Future themes of Leading Edge Science & Delivery, Smart Infrastructure & National Labs and World-Class Teams.
- Managing the strategy, governance and policy for data – including measuring digital maturity – and providing expert advice to business units when required.
- Liaising with the CIO as key delivery partner and advocating for CIO responsibilities into the programs (e.g. cybersecurity).
Location: Sydney, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne or Perth. Other locations may be considered.
Salary: An attractive package including up to 15.4% superannuation is offered
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- Demonstrated experience delivering digital strategies and frameworks at an enterprise level across an organisation of similar scale and complexity to CSIRO.
- Significant experience working with data, advanced analytics and emerging technology trends to support data driven insights and continuous improvement.
- Demonstrable experience working collaboratively across a large and complex organisation at the most senior level and a track record of leading and motivating teams to achieve both tactical and strategic goals.
- Excellent stakeholder engagement, influencing and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to partner strategically with internal and external stakeholders to deliver systems and solutions for an organisation.
- Experience coordinating and delivering large-scale innovative transformation programs of work in a complex business.
- Deep expertise developing long-term, enterprise-wide technology programs and strategies with a history of translating strategies into tactical business plans.
For full details about this role please view the Position Description
Applications for this position are open to Australian/New Zealand Citizens and Australian Permanent Residents. Appointment to this role is subject to the ability to obtain a Security Clearance at the Negative Vetting 2 level.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please submit your application to: email@example.com , providing a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
7 December 2022, 11:00pm AEST/AEDT
- Closing Date:
- 07 Dec 2022
- An attractive package including up to 15.4% superannuation is offered
- Work Type:
IT & ICT