Program Manager - Revolutionary Energy Storage Systems - [Archived Advertisement]
Program Manager - Revolutionary Energy Storage Systems
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Build world-leading capability and drives cutting-edge research within CSIRO to support Australia’s energy transition to a net zero future
- Lead a multi-disciplinary program of research projects aligned with the program strategy
- Work with the RESS FSP Director to deliver the strategic goals of the RESS FSP
The Revolutionary Energy Storage Solutions (RESS) Future Science Platform (FSP) is a collaborative research effort across the CSIRO Energy, Minerals Resources, and Manufacturing Business Units (BU), and is hosted in the Manufacturing BU. Currently, the RESS FSP is transitioning from the start-up phase towards active research and innovation. The activities of the FSP will leverage CSIRO’s existing base of energy storage expertise and build new multidisciplinary capability to revolutionise materials, technology, and utilisation of energy storage.
The Program Manager will be crucial in facilitating the RESS FSP by managing a research program that builds world-leading capability and drives cutting-edge research within CSIRO to support Australia’s energy transition to a net zero future. The role will be an integral part of the FSP leadership team and support staff to manage day-to-day operations including governing processes and timelines for project management, coordinating internal/external reporting, and facilitating communication both within the FSP and with external stakeholders. The Program Manager will also work in tandem with the RESS FSP Director, providing high-level input on strategy development, negotiation, business development, reporting, communications, and other activities as required.
The Program Manager will work with the RESS FSP Director to deliver the strategic goals of the RESS FSP and support the rapidly growing program as it transitions from fast start-up mode to consolidation and long-term planning. They will build capability by overseeing a multi-disciplinary program of research projects aligned with the program strategy and ensure the project leaders deliver on periodic and milestone reporting while tracking and reviewing project progress.
Your duties will include:
- Build relationships with RESS FSP Project Leaders to support their milestone deliveries as per project plans, contract schedules, reporting requirements, project reviews, budgets and administration as required.
- Interact with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders to ensure effective project management is delivered. Foster collaboration and interactions between scientists across CSIRO and clients.
- Support engagement and partnership brokering with other CSIRO Business Units and external stakeholders from academia, Government, industry and NGOs.
- Manage key project and partnering metrics for the RESS FSP reporting requirements and contribute to the development of plans for impact pathway prediction and monitoring.
- Support development of the RESS FSP program strategy.
- Assist with financial management, contract management, communications, intellectual property portfolio, education and outreach activities, reporting, briefings, and other strategic documents, present on the progress of the RESS FSP, including to the RESS FSP Advisory Board.
- Assist in the establishment and management of new rounds of research projects through open calls for applications, selection committee reviews and contracting of successful applicants.
- Be involved in funding negotiations and advise on resource allocation.
- Represent the RESS FSP in relevant external activities as required.
Location: Perth or Melbourne preferred. Other locations may be considered
Salary: AU$104k – AU$140k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- Relevant bachelor’s degree in Business, Science or Engineering combined with relevant work experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including high quality written and oral communication skills.
- Proven project/program management ability, resulting in the successful delivery of complex projects/programs with multiple stakeholders to time, budget and scope.
- A strong history of establishing and working effectively in geographically dispersed teams.
- Ability to collaborate with diverse people across CSIRO and to engage with external industry/academic partners.
- Scientific literacy.
- Interest in / knowledge about energy storage technologies and experience working with research organisations managing large-scale initiatives is highly desirable.
For full details about this role please view the Position Description
Applications for this position are open to Australian/New Zealand Citizens, Australian Permanent Residents. Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
To enter a CSIRO site, CSIRO will require you to show proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (or show a valid medical exemption from vaccination). If you are unable to meet this requirement, then you must return a negative result on a Rapid Antigen Test (within 48 hours prior to attending site) and wear a face mask whilst on the CSIRO site. These requirements apply if you are attending a CSIRO site as part of a recruitment process.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
19 October 2022, 11:00pm AEST/AEDT
- Closing Date:
- 19 Oct 2022
- AU$104k – AU$140k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type: