Digital Lead - CSIRO Land and Water
Digital Lead - CSIRO Land and Water
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Lead the development & implementation of CSIRO Land & Water’s digital strategy
- Maximise national impact and commercial potential for existing datasets and drive digital transformation
- Truly flexible workplace, hybrid work arrangements
CSIRO Land and Water delivers solutions for sustainable development and stewardship of land, water, ecosystems and communities, valued at more than $12 billion in triple bottom line benefits. Through integrated systems research approach we provide the information and technologies required by government, industry and the Australian and international communities to protect, restore, and manage natural and built environments.
Digital technologies present significant opportunities by driving science innovation, increasing efficiency when working at scale and across disciplines, and by allowing the Business Unit (BU) to connect and deliver impact for stakeholders in new ways.
As the CSIRO Land and Water Digital Lead you will capitalise these opportunities through the development and implementation of a digital strategy for the Land and Water BU which aims to position the BU as a national capability and a “go to” in delivering digital solutions. You will form part of the BU leadership team, manage Digital committees and act as a key decision maker in the initiation of strategies and policies and investments which drive digital transformation within the business unit.
Your duties will include:
- Lead the development and implementation of a Digital Strategy for CSIRO Land and Water that seeks to maximise the national impact and commercial potential of CSIRO’s wide range of existing data sets and achieves digital transformation within the Land and Water Business Unit.
- Establish CSIRO Land and Water as a nationally recognised BU leading the application of innovative digital solutions.
- As a member of the Land and Water Leadership Team, contribute to Land and Water strategy development and implementation and act as a key decision maker in the initiation of strategies and policies which drive digital transformation within the Business Unit.
- Build significant collaborative relationships with Australian universities and international research organisations, and drive close collaboration with Data61, CSIRO’s data science and engineering BU.
- Lead Land and Water Business Unit level communities of practice and committees that assist in raising awareness, build capability and project level decision making on matters of digital transformation.
- Chair and/or represent the Land and Water Business Unit on organisational level committees such as the Science Digital Transformation Program Committee to ensure the BU is well positioned to leverage and align its digital transformation with the rest of the organisation.
Location: Brisbane or Canberra preferred. Other locations may be considered where the team has a presence.
Salary: AU$169k – AU$212k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- A PHD (or equivalent combination of qualifications and significant research experience) in digital technologies such as AI, data analytics or digital delivery models, and a good understanding of the science challenges in land and water.
- World-class knowledge of data science and analytical techniques or similar in an engineering-based application space.
- Extensive industry, commercialisation or applied research experience developing and deploying digital solutions.
- Proven experience in development of digital capabilities for an organisation to achieve digital transformation and experience delivery digital solutions.
- Demonstrated knowledge and applications of digital solutions for challenges in Australian environments.
- Evidence of creating, leading strategic digital initiatives for an enterprise or a large team.
- A network of national and international collaborators in applied data and/or environmental sciences.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, evidenced by high-level reporting, presentation and negotiation abilities, and the capacity to identify and influence critical stakeholders to gain support for complex proposals/ideas.
For full details about this role please view the Position Description
Applications for this position are open to Australian/New Zealand Citizens, Australian Permanent Residents or you must either hold, or be able to obtain, a valid working visa for the duration of the specified term (visa sponsorship can be provided). Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
To enter a CSIRO site, CSIRO will require you to show proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (or show a valid medical exemption from vaccination). If you are unable to meet this requirement, then you must return a negative result on a Rapid Antigen Test (within 48 hours prior to attending site) and wear a face mask whilst on the CSIRO site. These requirements apply if you are attending a CSIRO site as part of a recruitment process.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
23 Oct 2022, 11:00pm AEST/AEDT
- Closing Date:
- 23 Oct 2022
- AU$169k – AU$212k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
IT & ICT