Manager, Collaboration Support
Manager, Collaboration Support
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Lead a team supporting Atlassian and Office 365 tools
- Support research at Australia's national science agency
- Flexible work arrangements!?
Collaboration Support provides services to enable CSIRO staff to effectively use a suite of Atlassian and Microsoft tools. The team is responsible for applying configuration, as well as providing advice, support, awareness and training to teams and individual users located across Australia.
The Manager, Collaboration Support provides leadership, management (financial and people) and vision to the Collaboration Support team within the Knowledge Services program. The position is responsible for supporting initiatives in the Information Management and Technology (IMT) Strategy and implementing agreed actions within the Collaboration Roadmap.
This is a customer focussed role and the Manager will work closely with other IMT teams to ensure systems are current, relevant, modern and meeting the needs of users. You will actively lead and participate in more complex engagements with users and contribute to and manage projects within IMT teams and across CSIRO.
Travel may be required to other CSIRO sites within Australia.
Your duties will include:
- Lead the operations of the Collaboration Support Team ensuring that services meet or exceed key performance indicators and user expectations.
- Provide leadership to the team and take responsibility for performance management and career development.
- Develop and implement the Collaboration Roadmap, allocate and monitor resources, and achieve agreed outcomes.
- Lead stakeholder engagement identifying and adapting quickly to evolving client needs and environmental changes.
- Ensure that technologies and platforms support the effective delivery of services.
- Initiate, manage and deliver on strategic and operational projects under a project management framework.
Location: Clayton (VIC), Black Mountain (ACT), St Lucia (QLD), Lindfield (NSW) or Waite (SA) preferred (other locations considered)
Salary: AU$117,917 to AU$138,176 per annum (pro-rata for part-time) plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: 3 years fix term (end date of 30/06/2025)
To be considered you will need:
Under CSIRO policy only those who meet all essential criteria can be appointed.
- Undergraduate or postgraduate qualification in a relevant area or significant relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience supporting and using Atlassian and/or Office 365 tools in a research, government, or similar type organisation.
- Excellent writing, training, and presentation skills with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Track record of innovation and implementing positive change to meet the evolving needs of users, and demonstrated experience in influencing, shaping, and delivering solutions in a complex and transforming environment.
- Ability to motivate and develop a high performing team with a focus on delivering excellent customer service. Capacity to manage a geographically dispersed team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a record of accomplishment in building relationships with teams and clients.
CSIRO thrives on innovation; innovation that is harnessed by the diversity of the minds and lived experiences brought to our greatest challenges. If you meet some, but not all requirements, we encourage you to submit your application.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
Applications for this position are open to Australian Citizens ONLY
Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance at the Negative Vetting 1 level
CSIRO requires proof of vaccination against COVID-19 as a condition of entry to all CSIRO locations. Please be advised you may be asked for proof of vaccination as part of the recruitment process.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
12th of October 2022, 11:00pm AEST
Shortlisting for this role may take place as applications are received.
Please consider applying as soon as possible.
- Closing Date:
- 12 Oct 2022
VIC - Canberra
QLD - Canberra
NSW - Canberra
ACT - Canberra
SA - Canberra
- AU$117,917 to AU$138,176 per annum (pro-rata for part-time) plus up to 15.4% super
- Work Type:
- Full Time/ Part Time
IT & ICT