Executive Manager - Onsite & Service Desk
Executive Manager - Onsite & Service Desk
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Join our team to give CSIRO the edge in the Digital Age
- Outstanding opportunities to grow & develop your career
- Flexible work arrangements!
- Highly collaborative work environment
The Executive Manager – Service Desk and Onsite Support provides leadership, management and vision within the IT Services team. Additionally, it is the front facing service delivery function for all IMT. IMT is CSIRO’s trusted IT service provider and provides a range of enterprise and research support services across multiple sites across Australia.
The executive manager is responsible for managing and supporting the CSIRO’s IT Service Desk and Onsite Support. The area provides the level 1 and level 2 support for all IMT services as well as key platforms relating to laptops, desktops and multifunction devices. The IT Service Desk and Onsite Support teams are:
- Service Desk Team
- Onsite Support Teams – State Based
They are also responsible for:
- Laptop & Desktop Fleet
- Printing and Scanning Fleet
- Ancillary Onsite and Service Support Services
The Executive Manager – Service Desk and Onsite Support is a member of several leadership teams within IMT and Enterprise Services and member of these teams are expected to collaborate with peers and senior executives in the delivery of ‘business-as-usual’ IMT services, CSIRO’s strategic direction and delivery of service change via projects.
Your duties will include:
- Lead the delivery of the Service Desk and Onsite Support program of work and contribute to all IT Services delivered services
- Partner with other key stakeholders within CSIRO Enterprise Support Services to support and digitise functions that support the operations of CSIRO’s business functions.
- Develop industry relationships, both vendor and peers, to build knowledge, awareness and ideas to support contemporary business functions
- Manage, lead and develop a team of staff to the highest level of performance, engagement and job satisfaction and actively promote a healthy, safe, diverse and environmentally sustainable workplace
- Incorporate and promote the inclusion of novel ideas and approaches into projects of all sizes and scale.
- Contribute to development, implementation and evaluation of standards, procedures and processes to advance CSIRO's strategy and support Business Unit needs.
- Develop strong relations with industry solutions providers to support CSIRO business directions.
Salary: AU$141,949 to AU$157,055 pa (pro-rata for part-time) + up to 15.4% superannuation
To be considered you will need:
Under CSIRO policy only those who meet all essential criteria can be appointed. When responding to the criteria, please demonstrate how you meet the criteria by providing examples that are relevant to the role.
- Relevant tertiary qualification in IT and/or equivalent experience leading enterprise-wide solutions.
- Demonstrated expertise in the delivery of multiple services in a large and complex organisation.
- Demonstrated experience at being at the forefront of industry direction, including influencing and shaping solutions. Along with proven record in the planning, designing and implementing new enterprise-wide solutions including the ‘generational’ change of existing services.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and build strong and effective business relationships to shape strategic directions within a large and complex organisation and ensure alignment between client needs and business objectives.
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing multiple teams across geographic boundaries.
- A successful track record in leading and developing teams, including ensuring future resource requirements are planned for and met and creating a culture that is inclusive of staff and aligns to CSIRO values.
- Demonstrated knowledge, understanding and commitment to principles of Workplace Diversity; Equal Employment Opportunity; Occupational Health, Safety and Environment; and Employee Participation
- Experience in delivering technical solutions that support organisation transformation, simplification of business process and increasing overall effectiveness.
CSIRO thrives on innovation; innovation that is harnessed by the diversity of the minds and lived experiences brought to our greatest challenges. CSIRO recognises that a candidate's capability to perform a role can be demonstrated in a variety of ways and encourages candidates to address the role criteria with this in mind.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
To be eligible to work in this role you must be an Australian Citizen.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent. Additionally the successful candidate will be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance at the Negative Vetting Level 1.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
10th of July 2022, 11:00pm AEST
Shortlisting for this role may take place as applications are received. We therefore reserve the right to close this vacancy once a suitable candidate has been appointed. Please consider applying as soon as possible.
- Closing Date:
- 10 Jul 2022
- AU$141,949 to AU$157,055 pa (pro-rata for part-time) + up to 15.4% super
- Work Type:
- Full Time/ Part Time
IT & ICT