Strategic Growth Opportunities Program Manager - [Archived Advertisement]
Strategic Growth Opportunities Program Manager
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Utilise your extensive program management skills and experience to lead the development and implementation of a partnership framework
- Have the opportunity to lead the annual strategic coordination of activities within the Strategic Growth Opportunities area
- Play a key role in the development of resources that support vital organisational performance and review processes
CSIRO are seeking an experienced program management professional for a Strategic Growth Opportunities Manager position on a full time basis for a 3-year contract role.
CSIRO, through the Strategic Growth Opportunities (SGO) program, has committed to identifying customer and market opportunities at an operational level (business unit), which then feed into a whole of organisational mapping process providing prioritisation, consolidation, and business insights to inform strategy. The outcomes from this process also feed into several Business Development and Global (BD+G) programs such as strategic partnerships, CSIRO mission development and revenue pipeline expansion.
The Strategic Growth Opportunities Program Manager role will lead this program of work as part of CSIRO’s BD+G team and report to the Manager, Program Design & Management.
Your duties will include:
- Leading the development and implementation of a partnership framework that links the outcomes of the SGO program to other related programs of work within the organisation (e.g. strategy, missions, strategic partnerships etc)
- Defining and establishing a process of review and refinement that allows the SGO program to be integrated with CSIRO’s systems and process, and contributes to annual activities
- Leading SGO program meetings and workshops across the organisation and developing the necessary networks and relationships to increase the program’s level of success
- Regularly engaging with all key internal stakeholders (e.g. strategy team) to ensure the strategic alignment of the SGO objectives and consistency of messaging
- Championing the use of underpinning tools and systems (e.g. the dynamics platform) to ensure the consistent uptake and utilisation of all available data
- Working with key business unit staff in the development of resources that inform the Annual Performance and Investment Review process
Location: All AU CSIRO sites
Salary: AU$117k - AU$138k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in program management
- Demonstrated experience in project coordination and the management of a variety of stakeholders in high pressure situations
- Ability to lead and motivate individuals and teams in the development and implementation of new strategic approach and underpinning systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to supply timely and accurate information in a professional manner to various stakeholders
- Demonstrated capability to draw insights and articulate opportunities enabling leadership to make informed decisions
- Experience in navigating through and with large complex organisations and bureaucracies, overcoming barriers and roadblocks to build awareness and strategic engagement
- Strong organisational, administrative, and analytical skills with the capacity to deal with ambiguity
For full details about this role, please review the Position Description.
Applications for this position are open to Australian Citizens, New Zealand Citizens and Australian Permanent Residents only.
Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
19 May 2022, 11:00pm AEST/AEDT
- Closing Date:
- 19 May 2022
- AU$117k - AU$138k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type: