Senior Health Implementation Scientist
Senior Health Implementation Scientist
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our?vision towards reconciliation
- Use your implementation science expertise to support health initiatives
- Undertake mixed-methods research in the virtual health care setting
- Join CSIRO Health and Biosecurity - make a difference to digital health services
The Australian e-Health Research Centre (AEHRC) is CSIRO’s national digital health research program and with over 100 scientists and engineers, we are Australia’s largest program of this type. We’re championing the digital delivery of healthcare enabled by world-leading digital research and innovation, industry partnerships, community connections, and national trust.
CSIRO’s Health and Biosecurity is seeking an experienced Senior Health Implementation Scientist will join the Health Implementation Science team within the AEHRC. In this exciting role, you will contribute to a number of research activities, including our Digital Transformation of Health agenda.
As the successful candidate, you will build to a portfolio of work relating to innovations in mixed-methods applications as applied to digital health services research questions. Using your expertise in supporting health and research programs and implementation science research, you will develop novel approaches to evaluate and facilitate the implementation of technology embedded models of virtual care at scale, with an initial focus on community care and chronic disease management in Australia.
Your duties will include:
- Developing new and applying existing concepts, theories, tools and techniques in the area of implementation and evaluation research specifically in the virtual care settings.
- Contributing to and delivering projects conducted by the Health Implementation Science Team promoting the uptake of evidence-based solutions into routine care practice.
- Obtaining ethical and legislative approval for use of health data.
- Publishing scientific results in clinical and technical journals and for conference presentations
- Working with health service policy makers and health clinicians to ascertain user requirements and needs analysis for new or existing initiatives.
Location: Brisbane (Herston) QLD, Melbourne (Parkville) VIC or Sydney (Westmead) NSW
Salary: AU117k - AU$138k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- A PhD (or an equivalent combination of qualifications and research experience) in a relevant field such as health services research, public health, implementation science, digital health science or quantitative psychology.
- Proven industry/research experience supporting health and research programs with experience in implementation science research.
- A track record in the application of mixed-methods approaches to analyse healthcare (or similar) data and coherently integrate the outcomes.
- Experience in developing collaborative research proposals for internal and/or external funding programs such as hospital/university internal funding programs, government RFQs/RFTs, MRFF, NHMRC or CRCs.
- To be able to develop and maintain stakeholder relationships, together with excellent communication skills and the ability to publish results and present to a range of audiences.
- A history of undertaking original, creative and innovative research by generating and pursuing novel ideas and solutions to scientific research problems.
- A publication history of authorship on scientific papers in peer reviewed journals and/or reports, grant applications or inventorship on patent applications.
- The ability to work within a multidisciplinary and diverse research team, and the motivation and discipline to carry out independent research to achieve organisational goals.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
To be considered for this role, you must be:
- An Australian/New Zealand Citizen
- An Australian Permanent Resident or
- An Australian temporary resident currently residing in Australia (visa sponsorship may be provided to eligible candidates).
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
12 December 2021, 11:00 pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 12 Dec 2021
- AU117k - AU$138k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Health & Medical
IT & ICT