Executive Manager - Policy, Risk, Compliance and Fraud - [Archived Advertisement]
Executive Manager - Policy, Risk, Compliance and Fraud
- Can you strategically develop organisational capability?
- Are you skilled in best practice governance methodologies?
- Join CSIRO Governance today!
The role of Executive Manager contributes to the effective delivery of the Policy, Risk, Fraud and Compliance programs by providing high-level advice to senior managers, usually members of the Executive or Business Unit leaders. This is a senior role that facilitates the strategic development of organisational capability, responsible for initiating and implementing organisational change and representing the Governance interests across the organisation.
The Governance group within CSIRO is very focused on providing a good customer experience. We provide strategic advice and protective frameworks through a collaborative engagement approach with the business. The right person for this position will be keen to engage with this approach and bring a reflective and innovative mindset to ensure a strong customer focus is maintained. They will also bring their expert knowledge and delivery experience to best practice governance methodologies.
Your duties will include:
- With a focus on CSIRO’s governance framework, including Policy, Risk Management, Fraud Control, and Compliance, the Executive Manager will provide:
- Functional Leadership: operational and strategic planning, high-level advice and communication, and project management.
- Capability Leadership: manage and coach staff, facilitate and influence to achieve high performance and inclusive culture.
- Engagement and Partnerships: build & maintain effective internal and external relationships within the broader CSIRO business units, support functions, and stakeholders to enable service delivery and collaboration, represent CSIRO at forums.
- Resource Leadership: oversee project portfolio, financial/budget management, and forecasting, risk management, and planning.
- Collaboration: plan end-to-end stakeholder engagement facilitating joined-up governance services.
- Change Management: facilitate active change across the Governance group maintaining a commitment to the direction CSIRO is heading and actively communicate this with staff.
Location: Canberra, ACT preferred - Clayton, VIC negotiable
Salary: AU$139k - AU$153k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be considered you will need:
- Leadership and skills in Governance including establishment and delivery of contemporary policy and best practice risk, compliance, and fraud frameworks.
- A history of delivering large, complex governance projects against CSIRO objectives on time and budget.
- Recently demonstrated leadership of multi-disciplinary teams which encourage new ideas, build trust and provide support for the development of emerging skills, including influencing staff in observing corporate and professional standards, acting as trusted advisers, fostering effective client relationships, and ensuring alignment between client needs and CSIRO’s objectives.
- A relevant degree/training in public administration or similar discipline from a recognised training institution and demonstrated achievement in senior advisory and managerial roles.
- A significant record of innovation and creativity plus the ability and willingness to implement and promote a joined-up customer support approach to working with the business to achieve objectives.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
To be appointed to this position you must be an Australian Citizen, willing to obtain and maintain an Australian Government security clearance at the NV1 level.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
1 August 2021, 11:00pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 01 Aug 2021
- AU$139k - AU$153k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time