Business Development Manager - Services
Business Development Manager - Services
- Can you build, monitor and convert opportunities with SME's, Agencies and large corporates?
- Want to us help us develop strategic business and commerical plans?
- Apply today to join CSIRO Services, we connect industry and communities to science!
CSIRO Services requires an adaptable and flexible Business Development Manager who can work independently across its five diverse businesses as priorities and needs require.
The role of Business Development (BD) Managers in CSIRO is to support and enable the effective delivery of science and innovation through external engagement, including market validation, managing the customer engagement process, opportunity development and pipeline build, business model development, delivering strategic partnership outcomes, initiating and closing deals.
The role will require strategic, transactional and administrative responsibilities and a wide range of BD skills from cold-calling to strategic advice, stakeholder management, risk analysis, and the evaluation of new business opportunities. The role works closely with Services Business Leads and legal, contracts, finance and other support functions.
Adaptability and the ability to rapidly build rapport, switch focus from one business to another and one type and level of BD support to another - depending on need - will be crucial to this role, as will independence and an ability to work collaboratively with Services’ businesses and support teams.
Your duties will include:
- Evaluating business opportunities and providing advice to identify opportunities, risks and strategic alignment to inform and support Business Unit decision-making.
- As part of the BD&G Team, support and develop a portfolio of commercial opportunities with new and existing clients and partners aligned to Services’ Business Unit strategy.
- Proactively creating a portfolio of ‘trusted advisor’ relationships with strategic clients, partners, and key internal stakeholders to drive BD activities and achieve objectives.
- Developing and applying knowledge relevant to the areas of operation of Services businesses and a strong working knowledge in areas of responsibility, incorporating commercial BD principles, negotiation, markets, business and technology trends and relevant issues.
- Leading negotiations with customers to close high-quality deals in collaboration with internal customers and support functions.
- Providing substantial input into the development of strategic business and commercial plans.
Location: Negotiable - Brisbane, Sydney, Canberra or Melbourne preferred
Salary: AU$113k - AU$132k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- At least 5 years’ Business Development or Commercial experience and a relevant tertiary qualification in science, engineering or business (or another relevant area).
- Experience in identifying, establishing and building strategies and opportunities in order to support organisational objectives and meet current and future revenue goals.
- The ability to manage customer relationships and achieve end-to-end and efficient conversion of a range of deals from simple matters to developing investible business cases and negotiating complex multi-stakeholder deals.
- History of proactively identifying, building and developing a portfolio of strategic relationships relevant to organisational strategy, objectives and achieve impact.
- An ability to engage with and influence multiple key stakeholders and operate within a complex and ambiguous environment to achieve organisational outcomes.
- A solid understanding of commercial BD principles, negotiation, markets, business and technology trends and issues relevant to CSIRO Services BU and its component businesses.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Wednesday 14 April 2021, 11:00pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 14 Apr 2021
- AU$113k - AU$132k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type: