Senior Legal Counsel (Property & Procurement) - [Archived Advertisement]
Senior Legal Counsel (Property & Procurement)
- Draw on your deep knowledge of property and procurement law in a government context
- Build strong relationships and demonstrate legal leadership at all levels
- Support CSIRO’s strategic objectives as our primary property and procurement law adviser
In the role of Senior Legal Counsel (Property and Procurement), you will be a key member of the Enterprise Legal Team, providing high-quality, expert legal advice, tailored to meet the requirements and circumstances of internal clients. Taking into account CSIRO’s strategic objectives, the focus of this advice will be primarily in the areas of property and procurement.
Specifically you will:
- Provide expert legal advice, documentation and support in relation to a wide range of property and procurement matters.
- Develop a deep understanding of CSIRO’s strategic objectives, business operations, internal and external stakeholders, political context and relevant industry partners.
- Demonstrate strong legal leadership in the property and procurement area.
- Build relationships with key internal clients and strengthen the position of the Enterprise Legal Team as a “trusted advisor”.
- Contribute to the ongoing legal education and capability building of CSIRO staff.
- Maintain confidentiality when dealing with personal and commercially sensitive information.
- Collaborate widely, communicate effectively and resolve any issues using creativity, reasoning and past experience.
Location: Black Mountain (Canberra) ACT (other capital city locations may be considered)
Salary: AU$136k - AU$150k per annum, plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be considered you will hold a degree in law from an Australian tertiary institution, or a comparable overseas qualification, which is appropriate to the classification and duties of the Senior Legal Counsel (Property and Procurement) role.
You will also have:
- A current Australian practising certificate or entitlement to hold an Australian practising certificate
- A minimum of approximately six (6) years of post-admission experience, in the legal practice areas of property and procurement, either in private, in-house and/or government role(s).
- Deep and extensive technical knowledge and applied post-admission experience in the legal practice areas of procurement and probity, either in government and/or for government clients.
- Deep and extensive technical knowledge and applied post-admission experience in the legal practice area of property law, either in government and/or for government clients.
- The ability to work efficiently and effectively as CSIRO’s primary property and procurement law adviser
- Strong relationship building skills and a history of professional behaviours.
- A flexible approach and the ability to anticipate and manage problems in ambiguous situations.
- High-level communication and influencing abilities.
- A record of adherence to professional ethics and standards.
To see all the criteria required for success in this role, click on the ‘Position Details’ link below.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Clearance or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
CSIRO’s Commitment to Diversity
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia’s national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your motivations for applying and your suitability for the role, paying particular attention to the requirements outlined in the Position Details.
Monday 12 April, 2021 (11pm AEST)
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date.
- Closing Date:
- 12 Apr 2021
- ACT - Black Mountain
- AU$136k - AU$150k per annum, plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Procurement, Logistics & Supply Chain