Executive Manager - Commercialisation
Executive Manager - Commercialisation
- Can you connect, influence and work across CSIRO to drive our commercialisation strategy?
- Want to use your experience and leadership skills to help achieve CSIRO's corporate plan?
- Apply today to join CSIRO Commercial in this exciting leadership position!
The Executive Manager, Commercialisation is a member of the Commercial leadership team and is responsible for developing and driving the enterprise-wide commercialisation strategy to create commercialisation opportunities, execute deals; drive deal teams; and optimise the use of CSIRO’s IP assets for value creation.
The role is responsible for building external relationships (investors, collaborators, etc) to deliver on our pipeline of opportunities that will secure growth in impact and revenue in IP and commercialisation in line with CSIRO’s Corporate Plan.
The successful applicant will be responsible for building a high performing team and providing strategic leadership and alignment of resources to the corporate plan.
Your duties will include:
- Responsibility for supporting the Director, Commercial in partnering with the Board and Executive Team and BD Directors (in supporting Business Unit Directors), to develop IP and commercialisation strategies and associated business models.
- Promoting and delivering a highly professional approach in dealing with external partners, originating, capturing and executing against the enterprise-wide Commercialisation ambitions and Corporate Plan, resulting in financial return and impact from CSIRO’s IP, R&D and commercialisation.
- Developing and leading IP and Commercialisation business improvement and change management projects to continually improve the effectiveness and efficiency of CSIRO’s commercialisation pathways.
- Executing CSIRO’s Corporate Plan priorities by ensuring a coherent IP and Commercialisation strategy, including the sharing of better practice across CSIRO.
- Identify business models and develop case studies, working closely with Corporate Affairs to communicate, promote and utilise.
- Accountability for preparation of analysis and reporting on CSIRO’s Licensing and Equity Portfolios
Location: Negotiable, Major capital cities considered
Salary: AU$162k - AU$204k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- A relevant degree, in conjunction with demonstrated achievement in senior executive and managerial roles, together with domain expertise in scientific research commercialisation and equity/licensing portfolio management.
- Experience in building and maintaining strong professional and collaborative working relationships across a wide range of disciplines, internally and externally, including the ability to develop and manage a portfolio of strategic relationships with key investors and collaborators to meet strategic and financial objectives.
- Ability to design and deliver strategic commercialisation initiatives through own actions, as well as driving alignment across teams, scientists, partners and clients– delivering results that are impactful and aligned to CSIRO’s Corporate Plan.
- Leadership skills and experience that can be applied to leading a team through significant change, engaging the team and providing a unified goal and strategy for them to align themselves and their teams.
- Experience in building a high performing team, providing coaching and development opportunities across the breadth and depth of a complex team that delivers high standards in service delivery as well as technical output, proven ability to hold a team accountable to specified results.
- Exceptional business acumen, including in the functioning of publicly funded research organisations, technology licensing, venture creation, the operations of deep technology start-ups and how industry (large and small) adopts technology.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Sunday 18 April 11:00pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 18 Apr 2021
- AU$162k - AU$204k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time