Executive Manager - Intellectual Property
Executive Manager - Intellectual Property
- Do you want to develop and deliver CSIRO's IP strategy?
- Want to connect diverse skills and people to drive impact across the organisations?
- Apply today to join CSIRO Commercial in this exciting leadership position!
The Executive Manager, Intellectual Property is a member of the Commercial leadership team and is responsible for developing and driving the enterprise wide IP commercialisation strategies by creating CSIRO’s IP assets for future use and value creation.
The role is responsible for building external relationships (investors, collaborators, IP panel service providers etc) to deliver on our pipeline of opportunities that will secure growth in impact and revenue in IP and commercialisation in line with CSIRO’s Corporate Plan.
The successful applicant will be responsible for building a high performing team and providing strategic leadership and alignment of resources to the Corporate Plan.
Your duties will include:
- Responsibility for supporting the Director, Commercial in partnering with the Board and Executive Team and BD Directors (in supporting Business Unit Directors), to develop IP and commercialisation strategies and associated business models.
- Promoting and delivering a highly professional approach in dealing with external collaborators, capturing and executing against the enterprise-wide IP capture pipeline and Corporate Plan, resulting in financial return and impact from CSIRO’s IP, R&D and commercialisation.
- Developing and leading IP and Commercialisation business improvement and change management projects to continually improve the effectiveness and efficiency of external engagement among all CSIRO staff.
- Executing CSIRO’s Corporate Plan priorities by ensuring a coherent IP and Commercialisation strategy, including the sharing of better practice across CSIRO.
- Proactively identify, guide and support the conversion of strategic IP and Commercialisation opportunities, including leading large and complex commercial projects on behalf of the organisation.
Location: Negotiable - Major capital cities considered
Salary: AU$162k - AU$204k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- A relevant degree in conjunction with demonstrated achievement in senior advisory and managerial roles together with domain expertise.
- The ability to develop and manage a portfolio of strategic IP relationships, activities and assets, in line with CSIRO’s Corporate Plan.
- Experience designing and delivering strategic initiatives through own actions, as well as driving alignment across teams, scientists and clients– delivering results that are impactful and aligned to CSIRO’s Corporate Plan.
- To build and maintain strong professional and collaborative working relationships across a wide range of disciplines at all levels of the organisation and externally, proactively seek and influence multiple key stakeholders, within a complex and ambiguous environment, to achieve a successful outcome.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Sunday 18 April 2021, 11:00pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 18 Apr 2021
- AU$162k - AU$204k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time