- Can you deliver transformation change through effective project management and analytical support?
- Want to help create an environment that encourages new ideas and supports emerging skills?
- Join CSIRO Growth today and help us solves Australia's greatest challenges!
CSIRO has embarked on a Missions program to accelerate our capacity to solve the greatest challenges at scale through collaborative programs enabled by investments in digital, future science and tech, data and our people. These major scientific and collaborative research programs are aimed at making significant breakthroughs. These will be large-scale collaborative missions which will amplify our nation’s capacity to solve the greatest challenges and accelerate the pace and scale at which we can solve each challenge and unlock a better future for our community, our economy and the planet.
The role of Strategy Manager–Missions is to support the General Manager–Missions in providing leadership to cross-disciplinary missions teams and drive the organisation shift required to scale up the program.
Your duties will include:
- Support cross-disciplinary missions teams through the cycle from ideation, exploration, planning, stage gates to launch and delivery of impact.
- Establish an effective operating model for missions in conjunction with the program mission teams and the broader CSIRO Leadership team.
- Identify and capture synergies within the Growth sector and across the broader organisation (including Strategy and Future Science).
- Contribute to a repeatable playbook for mission development and launch leveraging CSIRO’s knowledge base and other global mission programs.
- Project management of mission’s workstream across the teams and support services – including reporting to Executive and Board.
- Communicate the mission program and refine in discussion with leadership and staff.
Location: Negotiable - Eveleigh, Sydney or Black Mountain, Canberra
Salary: AU$113k - AU$132k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 6 months
To be considered you will need:
- A Bachelors Degree with demonstrated high academic achievements and exposure to science and innovation.
- Significant, relevant work experience developing strategy and initiating multidisciplinary, cross-business projects.
- Ability to provide high-level strategic analysis on existing operations, recognise opportunities, and provide high-quality guidance in a complex organisation to ensure competitive advantage across a national and global market.
- A history of delivering results in an environment of high ambiguity and support multiple initiatives across a large complex organisation.
- Exceptional oral and written communication, interpersonal, negotiation and representational skills, including experience working across diverse teams and large organisations.
- Proven project management, decision-making and problem-solving skills with the ability to multi-task, produce rapid results and remain composed under pressure.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Sunday 25 April 2021, 11:00pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 25 Apr 2021
- AU$113k - AU$132k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type: