Business Development Manager - [Archived Advertisement]
Business Development Manager
- Are you an experienced Business Development Manager with a track record of strategic success?
- Can you help us partner effectively to achieve and grow our revenue and ROI?
- Join CSIRO today, apply now!
The role of Business Development (BD) Manager in CSIRO is to support and enable the effective delivery of science through external engagement, including market validation, managing the customer engagement process, opportunity development and pipeline build, business model development, and delivering strategic partnership outcomes.
The BD Manager will report to the Business Development & Global (BD&G) Director and will be deployed to CSIRO’s Land and Water Business Unit. CSIRO Land and Water brings together interdisciplinary teams that combine biophysical and social sciences to develop solutions for complex environmental challenges.
The role will require building and monitoring a portfolio of external relationships and an integrated pipeline of opportunities aligned to Land and Water’s science and impact goals that will achieve investment at scale. The BD Manager facilitates close collaboration with customers and internal stakeholders to identify strategic business opportunities and close complex deals.
Your duties will include:
- Providing substantial input into the development of strategic business and commercial plans, building business cases and investment models
- Participating in the execution of a business strategy to achieve investment and commercial objectives, and guide and support the conversion of business opportunities
- Assist in establishing complex business models and lead negotiations with customers to close high-quality, at scale deals in collaboration with internal support functions
- Maintaining a portfolio of business and commercial relationships aligned to Land and Water's strategy and plans, including work packages and impact pathways
- Proactively create a portfolio of ‘trusted advisor’ relationships with strategic clients, partners, and key internal stakeholders to drive BD activities and achieve objectives
Location: Canberra, ACT
Salary: AU$113k - AU$132k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in science or business (or other relevant areas) and experience in a similar role in a complex organisation
- Proven results in identifying, establishing and building strategies and business models, developing investible business cases and negotiating complex multi-stakeholder deals that are fit for purpose, achieve scale and deliver business growth
- Ability to partner effectively with client groups to achieve and grow Business Development and/or Commercial impact with revenue
- To deliver end-to-end conversion of strategic Business Development and Commercial opportunities with a focus on driving and supporting efficient commercial contracting
- An understanding of commercial BD principles, negotiation, markets, business and technology trends and issues relevant to the Climate and Disaster Resilience
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Sunday 21 March 2021, 11:00pm AEDT
- Closing Date:
- 21 Mar 2021
- ACT - Canberra
- AU$113k - AU$132k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type: