Geoscientist Industry Engagement Consultant - [Archived Advertisement]
Geoscientist Industry Engagement Consultant
- Draw on your expertise of Western Australian geology
- Integrate your research and writing skills with your industry engagement experience
- 6 month contract with Australia's premier scientific research organisation
CSIRO Mineral Resources (CMR) Discovery Program is focused on developing several large, multi-year, multi-sponsored R&D projects that are aligned with exploration through cover. We are looking for a Geoscientist, Industry Engagement Consultant who will provide the early customer engagement, project framework development and project proposal writing that is necessary to drive these initiatives. You will ensure the successful development of a project portfolio aligned with the future CSIRO strategy and desired industry impacts of exploring through cover and characterizing Australia’s resources. This work will aid the Discovery Program to provide clarity to the minerals industry around specific solutions (CSIRO technology) that will solve their exploration problems through the provision of a decision support network and forms the basis for mineral exploration through cover. By the end of the contract, it is expected that a program of work (project proposal) will have been developed for de-risking the West Yilgarn and industry partners notified of the project.
As such, if you have a strong track record in government report writing, research proposals, minerals industry and academia engagement, and are familiar with Western Australia government systems such as TENGRAPH and GeoVIEW, we would love to hear from you.
Your duties will include:
- Engaging with potential customers and collaborators across industry, government and academia to identify research priorities focussed for de-risking exploration through cover in the West Yilgarn.
- Coordinating within the CSIRO Mineral Resources Discovery Program to build expertise to address industry challenges and identify knowledge and skills gaps.
- Producing a project proposal addressing industry challenges for consideration by industry customers and funding agencies.
Location: Perth (Kensington), WA
Salary: AU$113k - AU$132k (pro-rata for part-time) plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 6 months
To be considered you will need:
- A PhD or MSc in Geoscience or similar, or equivalent relevant work experience.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills, including strong report writing skills.
- Experience in engagement and networking, ideally in large industry-government-academic collaborations, including the ability to facilitate partnerships and build trusting and productive relationships with customers.
- A deep understanding of the geology of Western Australia.
- The ability to work independently.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line by providing a CV and cover letter that demonstrates how you meet the essential criteria and describes your experience with large industry-government-academic collaborations.
Thursday 4th February 2021, 11:00pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 04 Feb 2021
- WA - Kensington
- AU$113k - AU$132k (pro-rata for part-time) plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type: