- Do you have a track record in strategy AND science & innovation?
- Help solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology
- Join the strategy team at CSIRO - Australia’s National Science Agency
Solving the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology has never been more important – for our quality of life, for the economic health of our nation, and for our contribution and position in a globally competitive world.
CSIRO’s strategy team are seeking to appoint a Strategy Manager to work principally in the challenges and missions workstream of our Challenges and Digital transformation program.
As the successful candidate, you will collaborate with the stream lead, across CSIRO (and the innovation system more broadly) to supporting the design and delivery of missions - large scale, collaborative research programs to address Australia’s challenges.
More broadly you will be part of the strategy team helping amplify CSIRO’s capacity to deliver on its purpose by supporting strategy conversations, undertaking analysis to inform choices and translating these into action.
Your duties will include:
- Support cross-disciplinary missions teams through the cycle from ideation, exploration, planning, stage gates to launch and delver impact.
- Establish an effective operating model for missions in conjunction with the program mission teams and the broader CSIRO Leadership team.
- Identify and capture synergies with three Challenges and Digital Transformation streams: Future Science and Technology, Digital Academy and Managed Data Ecosystem.
- Support rollling strategy conversations and choices including frame strategy questions, provide analysis to inform decisions and support decision making and implemention on different time horizons and levels.
Location: East Coast – Eveleigh (Sydney) or Parkville (Melbourne) preferred
Salary: AU$113k – AU$132k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 2 years
To be considered you will need:
- Bachelor’s Degree with demonstrated high academic achievements and exposure to science and innovation.
- Significant relevant work experience developing strategy and initiating multidisciplinary, cross-business projects.
- Demonstrated ability to provide high level strategic analysis on existing operations, recognise opportunities, and provide high quality guidance in a complex organisation to ensure competitive advantage across a national and global market.
- Proven ability to deliver results in an environment of high ambiguity and support multiple initiatives across a large complex organisation.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirments of this role.
Tuesday 25 February 2020, 11:00 pm AEDT