- Are you a dynamic and inclusive leader who can identify and nurture talent pools across multiple domains?
- Lead our Talent and Succession Planning function to deliver strategies aligned with organisational objectives.
- Join CSIRO and shape our talent and succession management strategies
CSIRO is seeking to appoint a General Manager, Talent to stand up and lead a dedicated and streamlined Talent and Succession Planning function to deliver on strategies and activities aligned to the organisational initiatives. The General Manager, Talent will have a bias for action and a hunger for delivering results with relentless high standards that will support our talent acquisition and development activities.
Reporting to the Executive Director, People the successful appointee will proactively drive and collaborate with the CSIRO Leadership Team and the People Leadership team to shape and implement the talent and succession management strategies.
Duties and Key Result areas:
- Architect and drive CSIRO’s Talent Management Strategy in partnership with the OD team - develop, implement and evaluate a contemporary and transformative approach to talent management and succession planning, creating a future focused and strategically aligned pipeline for talent segments such as leadership, early career researchers and digital specialists.
- Establish an Executive recruitment strategy in partnership with our HR team by sourcing/ talent scouting and building relationships with candidates including onboarding
- Proactively leverage our customer brand to establish our voice within the talent and employer brand; focusing on diversity and inclusion across a technical audience.
- Manage, inspire and continue to scale our talent acquisition teams
- Key advocate and external voice for CSIRO talent attraction and acquisition - lead relationships with key partners and sources for critical talent cohorts – eg universities, partners etc
- Build the Succession Planning pipeline and create discipline and rigour to the process across the organisation
Location: Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney preferred, other major cities negotiable
Salary: Attractive remuneration package is negotiable with up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years with the potential to renew
To be successful you will need:
- Tertiary qualifications in HR or other relevant higher degree and significant experience in a leadership role in Human Resources, Talent Management and/or Organisational Development gained in a complex and innovation/technology organisation.
- Demonstrated success and experience in the development, implementation and evaluation of contemporary internal talent management and succession planning strategies within a complex organisation, leveraging partnerships with HR professionals.
- Demonstrated ability to provide strategic and visionary leadership and role model leadership behaviours including the ability to identify and encourage outstanding performers, foster a high-performance, innovative culture and lead results through people.
- Proven record of leading large-scale, complex change and transformation initiatives.
- Proven track record of identifying and nurturing talent across diverse segments including the Executive; and ability to execute at scale in talent acquisition including in the global market.
- A successful track record of dealing and influencing effectively with diverse stakeholder groups; including a Board of directors and executive teams.
- This is a security assessed position. Appointment into the position is subject to the successful applicant holding or having the ability and willingness to obtain and maintain an Australian Government baseline security clearance.
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally as required, noting that we work hard to accommodate personal arrangements.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view Position Description
CSIRO’s Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish. D&I
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
20 December 2019, AEDT
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date