- Do you have an interest in growing the Australian space industry?
- Work with leading space technology researchers & build partnerships to deliver benefits for Australia.
- Join CSIRO’s Space Future Science Platform and provide BD&C leadership.
CSIRO is seeking to appoint a Business Development & Commercial Manager for their Space Research Program and Space Future Science Platform.
This is a newly created role and as the successful candidate, you will develop partnerships that will grow the Australian space industry and CSIRO’s Space activities.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with leading edge space research in an organisation that has established global relationships with space agencies, government and commercial organisations. You will build trusted relationships with these organisations and develop the next wave of partnerships to deliver leading edge science into the space industry.
Your duties will include
- Provide Business Development and Commercial leadership and advice to CSIRO's Space Research Program and Centre for Earth Observation.
- Develop and implement business strategies, plans and models for CSIRO's Space Technology Future Science Platform.
- Provide insight into space market needs and opportunities aligned to CSIRO capability, utilising market research, an understand of space science and technology, and insights gained through active professional networks.
- Develop strategically aligned projects and partnerships that grow the space industry in Australia and CSIRO’s space activities.
Location: Sydney or Canberra preferred. Melbourne, Adelaide or Brisbane considered.
Salary: AU$113k - AU$132k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 2 years
To be successful you will need
- A tertiary qualification or equivalent experience in a relevant area such as science, engineering or business
- Knowledge of and networks within the space industry.
- Demonstrated experience in providing BD&C leadership, developing strategy and delivering beneficial growth and change for organisations.
- Demonstrated experience in originating, negotiating and contracting business opportunities in a science and/or innovatoin context.
- Experience in representing organisations in public presentations and the initiative to seek out opportunities to present, engage and influence audiences.
- Demonstrated experience in developing high quality presentations, proposals and tenders and delivering them in a timely manner.
The successful applicant may be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view Position Description
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Monday 27 January 2020 at 11.59pm AEDT