- Do you have excellent stakeholder engagement skills?
- Develop & implement CSIRO’s Government engagement strategy!
- Join CSIRO’s Corporate Affairs Team and make a difference!
As the Manager, Government Relations, you will develop and implement a government engagement strategy to enable CSIRO to support the delivery of government priorities and thus boost CSIRO’s objectives and reputation across the Government.
This is a designated security assessed position requiring the successful candidate to be an Australian citizen and to hold, or have the ability to hold, a Baseline, Australian Government security clearance.
Your duties will include
- Developing and implementing the Government relations strategy to enhance CSIRO objectives and reputation within the Government.
- Managing CSIRO's participation in Cabinet related processes, including the development of NPP's to be considered through the Budget process.
- Assessing CSIRO's current government focussed stakeholder management plan, identifying improvement measurements and supporting implementation.
- In partnership with others, developing and supporting the implementation of a strategic communications and engagement plan for key government stakeholders.
- Working across the organisation to support timely identification and management of opportunities and issues as they relate to government stakeholders.
- Acting as a centralised, strategic and collaborative resource for counsel on government relations to all CSIRO functions.
Location: Canberra (Black Mountain), ACT
Salary: AU$113k - AU$132k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term until 30th September 2022
To be successful you will need
- A relevant tertiary qualification and/or relevant experience in leadership and management within large or complex organisations.
- A deep understanding of stakeholder engagement, government liaison and policy, and the responsibilities of organisations and leaders.
- Demonstrated experience encompassing:
- Strategic planning and implementation, calculating risk, problem solving and effective team management.
- Experience in government processes and developing a stakeholder management plan in a large complex environment, including the ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Knowledge of Australia's federal government system, its operations and the administrative processes that support them.
- Knowledge of CSIRO, its purpose, structure, operations and place in the national innovation system and within government.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, a high degree of judgement and discretion and a history of professional behaviours.
- A history of building and maintaining professional and collaborative working relationships with internal colleagues and stakeholders
- Experience in issues management and stakeholder engagement, and contemporary practices to achieve positive outcomes.
- To be an Australian citizen and to hold, or the ability to hold, Baseline, Australian Government security clearance.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view the Position Description
CSIRO’s Commitment to Diversity
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish - D&I Strategy
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.