- Can you drive organisational change and lead innovative HR initiatives?
- Develop and implement HR strategy to support business objectives
- Join CSIRO Data61 as an integral member of the leadership team
As an integral member of the Data61 Leadership Team, the HR Manager drives organisational change, provides strategic HR advice, and leads innovative HR initiatives.
Data61 is the largest data innovation group in Australia, with approximately 600 full time staff, and an additional 450 affiliates working in digital technologies to create benefit for Australia. Data61 will continue to develop Australia’s future leaders with its strong 300+ PhD student program in collaboration with the best universities across Australia.
The HR Manager leads a small team of HR business partners to support the business and develop innovative HR initiatives to create a working environment where our people can do the best work of their careers.
Your duties will include:
- Work with Data61 Leaders to develop and implement innovative and contemporary HR strategy to support the successful achievement of business objectives
- Develop and implement a viable and sustainable workforce plan for Data61
- Develop a framework for Data61 to build leadership capability and ensure appropriate development opportunities are provided to staff
- Build high performance across the teams and encourage an entrepreneurial culture
- Identify opportunities and take action to build relationships to support Data61 Talent objectives
- Be an active member of the Digital, National Facilities & Collections HR team and the CSIRO HR Leadership Team.
Location: Sydney, NSW preferred, other locations with Data61 presence negotiable
Salary: $136K to $151K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be successful you will need
- Tertiary qualifications in HR or a related discipline or equivalent experience in a senior HR role
- Experience in being an integral member of a business unit leadership team, with evidence of successfully working with and supporting leaders to achieve organisational objectives
- Evidence of strong skills in leading and managing cultural change
- Proven ability to design and deliver solutions to strategy challenges across a breadth of HR and business issues in a technology environment.
- Superior interpersonal, influencing, communication and consultative skills particularly in relation to advising and guiding senior leaders and decision making.
- Proven ability to think strategically, approaching solutions innovatively and creatively.
A National Police Check is required to be lodged by the successful applicant and clearance to be received before commencing.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view Position Description
CSIRO’s Commitment to Diversity
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish. D&I
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Sunday 14th July, 2019
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date