- Become a member of a Future Science Platform's Leadership team
- Contribute to the strategy and leadership of the program
- Help transform Australia's Synthetic Biology research capability
Future Science Platforms are an investment in science that underpins innovation and that has the potential to help reinvent and create new industries for Australia. This exciting leadership role will focus on supporting the CSIRO Synthetic Biology Future Science Platform Director in management of the program.
The Assistant/Deputy Leader will support the SynBioFSP Director to deliver on the strategic objectives of the FSP and support the rapidly growing program as it transitions from fast start-up mode to consolidation and long term impact.
The SynBioFSP Assistant/Deputy will work with SynBioFSP Director and support staff (including a Project Manager, an Administration Officer, Communications staff, Finance staff, Legal staff and Business Development staff) to support the FSP in wide ranging internal and external activities, including program management, strategic advice, negotiation, business development, and other activities.
Your duties will include
CSOF6 Assistant Leader:
• Coordinates support to the platform through service delivery of Enterprise Support functions and separately funded business development, finance and education roles.
• Assists with financial management, contract management, coordination of communications strategies, intellectual property portfolio, and education and outreach activities.
• Assists with tracking of milestones and preparation of reports
• Support engagement, knowledge, and partnership brokering with other business units and a wide range of external stakeholders from academia, Government, industry, NGOs, and funding bodies
• Support development of program strategy, undertake budgeting, and reporting
CSOF7 Deputy Leader (in addition the successful applicant will):
• Represent and negotiate on behalf of CSIRO, at the project level, developing new commercial opportunities.
• Support the SynBioFSP Director in strategy development in partnership with the SynBioFSP Executive and relevant Business Units
• Lead preparation of high level internal and external reports, briefings, and other strategic documents
• Develop and maintain effective client relationships, based on knowledge of the client's business and by identifying underlying needs.
• Carry out commercial development activities within a research area, preparing or contributing to project proposals.
Location: Dutton Park, QLD
Salary: CSOF6 - AU $111,663 to AU $130,848 plus up to 15.4% superannuation
CSOF7 - AU $134,421 to AU $148,725 plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be successful you will need
- A doctorate ideally with experience; or managerial qualifications combined with significant experience in a relevant discipline area, such as molecular biology, synthetic biology, biotechnology, or a related discipline.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills, evidenced by high-level reporting and presentation abilities, including the ability to clearly and succinctly convey information and ideas to individuals and groups
- A demonstrated record of internal and external collaboration or involvement in partnerships with other research organisations.
- Demonstrated experience establishing and facilitating stakeholder relationships and in communicating and translating complex science into plain English
- Experience working within interdisciplinary projects with a proven record in integration science
Additional essential criteria for CSOF7 Appointment:
- Experience with strategy development
- Proven ability to anticipate problems in ambiguous situations, develop appropriate solutions based on thorough evaluation and interpretation, and defend the conclusions with reasoned arguments.
- Experience in dealing with contentious issues
- Demonstrated collaborative leadership skills and associated behaviours
For details about who to contact and for more information please view Position Description
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Sunday March 31, 2019