- Do you thrive in complex and demanding environments?
- Are you a leader with expertise in Management Accounting?
- Join CSIRO and lead the team delivering value-add financial management services
As the Executive Manager (EM) – Financial Planning and Analysis you will be responsible for the delivery of value-add financial management and other related services by leading, developing and mentoring Finance team members.
The position will be part of the Finance Leadership team and have a significant role delivering budgeting and performance reporting for CSIRO.
The role requires management of a small team and reports to the Chief Finance Officer.
Some of your duties will include:
- The delivery of all Management Accounting activities, outputs and outcomes across the key areas of responsibility (including budgeting, financial analysis, external budget estimates and reporting, financial input to New Policy Proposals, and strategic finance initiatives).
- Working with direct reports, the Financial Planning and Analysis team as well as the broader finance team to deliver high quality financial management services.
- Lead innovation improvement and change initiatives across Finance and within own teams, including staff (re)allocation due to changes within business requirements.
- Plan and manage the preparation and delivery of all returns to government relating to external budget matters and other formal internal and external submissions from Finance.
- Proactively contribute to the delivery of CSIRO Finance goals and objectives as an effective and collegiate member of the ‘One CSIRO’ Finance team.
Location: Canberra, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane preferred, other major cities considered
Salary: $134K to $148Kplus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: 3 years term
To be successful you will need
Degree in accounting, commerce or business as well as completion of the CA or CPA Program, or equivalent relevant work experience
- Technical knowledge and/or experience in management accounting, budgeting, and project accounting in the government sector.
- Ability to develop and communicate financial management advice with a strong focus on business partnering with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience to lead and manage a high performing finance team which produces technically excellent and timely work consistent with achieving organisational goals and communicated KPIs.
- Experience to deliver effective finance leadership, role modelling based on CSIRO Values (or equivalent), a strong commitment to collegiate behaviour and knowledge sharing.
- Ability to act proactively, balancing competing priorities and for managing outcomes through periods of change.
This position requires the successful candidate to hold or satisfy the requirements to obtain and maintain a Negative Vetting Level 1 security clearance
For details about who to contact and for more information please view Position Description
CSIRO’s Commitment to Diversity
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Friday 21st December, 2018