- Do you have experience working within a STEM field?
- Are you skilled at facilitating and optimising Data Analytics workflows?
- Join CSIRO & provide valuable input into strategic planning for Pawsey Data Analytics Services
We are seeking an experienced Data Science Consultant to provide input to strategy for future planning as well as liaise with external stakeholders to promote the use of Pawsey facilities. You will join the Data and Visualisation Team at the Pawsey Supercomputing Centre responsible for engaging with multi-disciplinary researchers to facilitate and optimise Data Analytics workflows using Pawsey's Petascale compute and storage facilities.
Your duties will include
- Provide key input into strategic planning for Pawsey Data Analytics services
- Work with a team to ensure the effective operation of Pawsey's Data Analytics services
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with stakeholders in the research community; promoting Pawsey services and capabilities
- Engage with other providers of research data services around Australia and internationally to seek collaborative opportunities
Location: Kensington WA
Salary: AU$111k- AU$130k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need
- Relevant postgraduate degree or equivalent experience in a STEM field
- High degree of knowledge in the mathematical principles behind Data Science (statistics, calculus, linear algebra).
- High degree of experience in applied Data Science within one or more research domains.
- Demonstrated experience with machine learning tools and techniques.
- Demonstrated experience in programming in Python and/or R.
- Demonstrated experience in handling large and/or complex data sets.
- Ability to lead and contribute to data projects, provide strategic input and collaborate within a research environment
For details about who to contact and for more information please view Position Description
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter addressing the selection criteria.
Applications Close: 21 December 2018