- Play a key leadership role at CSIRO.
- Establish and deliver CSIRO’s brand strategy
- Drive the positive positioning of CSIRO’s scientific research excellence and impact
The Executive Manager, Brand and Marketing will lead the development and execution of a strategic plan to build engagement, awareness and trust across the community, through the delivery of integrated communications and corporate affairs programs and campaigns.
This role forms part of the Corporate Affairs Leadership Team, and will drive the positive positioning of CSIRO.
The position reports to the Director Corporate Affairs, CSIRO.
In this role you will
- Build strong relationships across the organisation, particularly with CSIRO’s Leadership Team, to ensure the communication activities are effective and aligned with business drivers.
- Establish and oversee the delivery of a clear brand strategy encompassing architecture, positioning and identity.
- Deliver a clear, strategy?aligned portfolio of integrated brand and marketing activities including sponsorships, event and campaign delivery, to enhance CSIRO’s brand.
- Work with the leadership team to ensure integration of the brand across CSIRO and with partners, including through the branding of new CSIRO initiatives.
- Lead the development of Business and Customer communications, connecting with and leveraging Business Unit marketing resource.
- Develop strategies and the processes to:
- Prioritise communication activities and assign communication resources;
- Engage with and report back to CSIRO senior science and business leaders;
- Evaluate the effectiveness of communication activities; and continually review and monitor communication services to ensure resources are allocated appropriately;
- Categorise, manage and provide access to CSIRO brand and marketing materials including images, video, graphics and other content.
- Manage the operating budget for the portfolio, including forecasting and actual spend and annual budgeting, as required.
- Build and lead a high performing team, including responsibility for professional development and individual and team performance through coaching, counselling, feedback, influencing and motivating.
Location: Sydney, Brisbane or Melbourne preferred (other locations may be considered)
Salary: AU $134,421 - $148,725 plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need
- Relevant tertiary qualifications coupled with extensive experience in leadership and management within large or complex organisations.
- A deep understanding of strategic communications, brand and marketing, and the responsibilities of organisations and leaders.
- Demonstrated collaborative leadership skills – utilising collective leadership to create connection across all teams within the Corporate Affairs function and across the organisation to provide a seamless, organisation?wide approach, leveraging specialist capability and establishing work priorities to enable delivery of high quality and timely outcomes.
- Strong interpersonal skills, incorporating excellent communication (written and verbal), complex influencing and persuasion strategies and ability to work with staff and stakeholders across geographically?diverse locations on a range of related and non?related business functions to gain support.
- A proven track record of building, motivating and supporting high performance teams ? fostering an environment and culture that encourages new ideas, knowledge transfer, and provides coaching and support for the development of emerging skills.
- Ability to think laterally and strategically, develop and select an appropriate course of action and provide contingencies, particularly in the face of ambiguity.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view Position Description
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Applications Close: Monday November 26, 2018