- Lead the day-to-day management of a $70M project
- Apply your skills using agile project management methodologies.
- Join the Pawsey Supercomputing Centre and help shape the future!
The Pawsey Supercomputing Centre has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and suitably experienced Project Manager to manage the $70M procurement and upgrade of the Pawsey Supercomputing Centre capital assets to maintain Australia’s tier 1 high performance computing and data capability as a National Facility.
The Pawsey Supercomputing Centre provides supercomputing, large scale data storage and visualisation services to research and industry projects, including to the Pawsey UJV partners. Pawsey hosts the flagship research supercomputer (Magnus), the radio astronomy operational supercomputer (Galaxy), and a number of ancillary and specialised systems to provide high performance computer and data resources to Australian researchers. It also provides two long-term storage systems for storing research collections of national significance. Pawsey also offers a cloud computing service (Nimbus) to provide cutting-edge data analytics capabilities; and remote visualisation services (Zeus and High-end workstations) to provide preliminary visualisation and the visualisation of large data-sets.
Your duties will include
- Lead the day-to-day management of the project;
- Delivery of projects to scope, budget, schedule and stakeholder expectation;
- Monitor and report on scope, quality, time and costs risk and issues to the project steering committee;
- Identify and manage risks and issues to testing outcomes, and escalates any issues that may impact delivery;
- Facilitate development, review and stakeholder acceptance of project management products and deliverables;
- Management of change associated with the delivery of major projects; and
- Effective transition of new products or services into the business-as-usual environment.
Location: Kensington, WA
Salary: AU$111K - AU$130K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 2 years
To be successful you will need
- 5+ years’ experience in a Project Management role or experience in a related discipline coupled with relevant training.
- 2+ years’ experience in Project Management role using agile methodologies.
- Demonstrated success in the delivery of project outcomes (on budget, on schedule, to scope, to stakeholder expectations and with appropriately mitigated risks);
- Highly developed influencing and relationship management skills;
- Demonstrated leadership within a multi-disciplinary team environment;
- Effective communication and information presentation skills, both written and verbal;
- Success in transition and change management;
- A flexible approach including sound judgement in relation to resolving project delivery issues
For details about who to contact and for more information please view Position Description
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Ability to meet Australian Government Security requirements - Baseline.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Applications Close 21 Nov 2018