- Are you a highly motivated Relationship Manager?
- Establish relationships leading to a value proposition for a longer term CSIRO presence in Defence
- Add value to our organisation by joining our Business Development & Commercialisation team
CSIRO is seeking a highly motivated relationship manager to join our Business Development & Commercialisation team.
The Defence Strategic Account Manager will be responsible for the establishment of relationships leading to a value proposition for a longer term CSIRO presence in Defence. This value proposition will be formalised by the delivery of an engagement plan for consideration by CSIRO’s Executive Team.
The role will involve business and science network development, with the goal of delivering:
- Established commercial relationships and networks with the view to developing industry focussed engagements across CSIRO.
- Established university/research institute relationships with the view to CSIRO involvement in one-on-one and/or research consortium collaborations.
- A greater level of investment between CSIRO and Defence Science & Technology Group. Moving the nature of CSIROs engagement with Defence Science & Technology Group to a strategic collaboration.
- Building on the current established Defence relationships within CSIRO Business Units and their customer base.
The successful candidate will report to the Executive Manager, Business Development & Commercialisation whilst at the same time maintaining close relationships with CSIRO’s business units, and engaging with other CSIRO collaborators as opportunities arise.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing a clear understanding of relevant CSIRO Business Unit strategic priorities to facilitate the development of networks and opportunities that align with strategy.
- Acting as CSIRO’s representative as part of the external partner engagement strategy with an array of customers as determined in the CSIRO Defence Strategy.
- Co-ordinating the development and implementation of the CSIRO’s Defence Strategy with internal stakeholders including Business Units and Enterprise Support Services.
- Developing a portfolio of relationships with Research & Development managers of new and existing clients and partners in the Defence area aligned to CSIRO Business Unit’s research strategies and plans.
- Providing insight into Defence market needs and opportunities, effectively developing networks and utilising available business and market information.
Location: Brisbane, Sydney, Adelaide or Canberra
Salary: AU $131k to AU $145k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: 3 years
To be successful you will need:
- A tertiary qualification in science or business in conjunction with demonstrated achievement in one or more Research & Development areas relevant to identified business/collaboration priorities within the Defence area.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, evidenced by superior reporting, presentation and negotiation abilities, and the capacity to identify and influence critical stakeholders to gain support for contentious proposals/ideas.
- Demonstrated high level experience in identifying and influencing critical stakeholders and development of a portfolio of meaningful Research & Development relationships.
- Demonstrated and extensive knowledge and networks within the Defence industry.
- A strong history of establishing and working effectively in teams, and a record of leadership which encourages new ideas, builds trust and provides support for the development of emerging skills, including influencing staff in observing corporate and professional standards, acting as trusted advisers, fostering effective client relationships, and ensuring alignment between client needs and CSIRO’s research objectives.
To view the full position description and selection criteria for this role please click here: Position description
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce. We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Find out more here! Balance
How to Apply: Please load one document containing your CV and a brief cover letter which outlines your interest in the role and your motivations for applying (Maximum 2MB). At the end of the online application process, you will also be required to respond to some screening questions.
Applications Close: 11:59 PM AEST, 18 June 2018.