- Are you looking for a new challenge?
- Ship real products to real customers!
- Join CSIRO Data61's team, the largest data innovation group in Australia
Our team is working on codifying law and legislation into logical representations, which can then be processed electronically. It is an ambitious project working with several clients from the ASX 200. The position will involve diverse challenges and plenty of scope for creative solutions. We use a microservice-based architecture, deploy on Kubernetes and use NodeJS, Angular2 and Go as our primary development languages.
We are currently porting our existing code from Angular 1 to Angular 2 and adding extensive features. The full stack developer will require research and real-world delivery engineering, as we are shipping real products to real customers.
Specifically you will:
- Support delivery and production of code for product development.
- Support existing small delivery team in client activities
- Maintain high ethical and performance standards.
Location: Eveleigh, NSW
Salary: AUD $109k - $128k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 1 year
To be successful you will:
- 2-years professional experience with Angular or equivalent
- Demonstrable proficiency with NodeJS and
- Demonstrable proficiency with Golang
- Front-end development skills are essential, along with experience or willingness to learn Angular 2.
- Experience with one or more of: SQL, noSQL, search technologies.
- Demonstrated experience in producing high quality software (including version control, issue tracking, test automation, etc.) evidenced by code.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed research team, and carry out tasks autonomously in support of scientific research.
- Demonstrated ability & willingness to contribute novel ideas and approaches in support of scientific investigations.
We love code examples. If you have anything that we can look at, such as open source (e.g. on Github or BitBucket), we would appreciate if you mentioned it in your application.
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more! CSIRO Balance
CSIRO’s Data61 business unit is the largest data innovation group in Australia, bringing together approximately 600 research and development staff working in digital technologies to create benefit for Australia. Data61 develops Australia's future leaders with its strong 300+ PhD student program in collaboration with our best universities across Australia.
Our commitment to you
Data61 offers an open and supportive workplace, where employee wellbeing is a top priority. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace by focusing on gender equality, support and development of women in leadership, increasing the employment of Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders whilst supporting the LGBTI community and other diverse backgrounds.
Data61 offers a range of flexible working opportunities, including part-time and job share arrangements, to provide you with work/life balance. We emphasise an individual’s growth and development which is supported by interacting and learning from world leading scientists and engineers, who provide the opportunity to challenge, transform and innovate new ideas.
Data61 is committed to sourcing the brightest and best talent to become part of the Data61 family that contributes to creating Australia’s data driven future.
How to Apply: If you wish to apply for this position, please upload 1 document only containing your covering letter and resume that best demonstrates your ability to meet the requirements of the role.
Before you apply please view the full position description and selection criteria here: Position Details
Applications will remain open until filled.